Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 PAS Steering light  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Mk5 PAS Steering light
« on: August 05, 2017, 09:28:10 pm »
So my car has been standing for about a week with no battery. Everything is now back in order except the orange PAS STEERING ligh on the dash will not go out and no sure why?

Fuses are fine and also tried holding full lock left for 10 seconds then right for 10, ten centred. Still the light stays on. Been driving it for about a week and it just will not go out.

PAS Steering is working when I turn....BUT there is no PAS assistance when yo come out of the turn I.e centring the wheels

Any ideas please ?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: Mk5 PAS Steering light
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 09:42:42 pm »
Disconnect the battery, leave for thirty minutes, refit the battery and retry the whole procedure again.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 10:04:16 pm »
Done this also.......
Don't have vcds to scan the car but everything it working as it should or appears to be.
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

willni

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 05:10:49 pm »
Done this also.......
Don't have vcds to scan the car but everything it working as it should or appears to be.

This happened to me a while ago when I was changing the steering wheel and the battery went completely flat etc. I got my local VCDs member (Rossimac) to help me out.

I can't remember exactly but it was either after he reset everything with VCDs (think you might be able to do this via carista app) or from turning the steering wheel for full left and hold for 30 secs then back to centre then full right for 30 secs and then back to centre, reset the steering assist.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 08:23:02 pm »
Had it happen year ago, and after couple of days it kinda auto cleared itself but its not happening. Tried all the above.....and nothing.

Guess it needs plugging in......

Anyone on the Midlands B31 area can assist with this be grateful

Luke2214

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 08:34:47 pm »
Bumping this thread because I have a very similar problem.

Have you a solution?

I have had a shot battery for a long time and as its got colder, suddenly it became a serious problem for the car the other night.
I went to start my eddy after dropping the missus home, and it went completely dead for a few seconds before cranking itself back to life,
PAS light came on and hasn't gone out, it drives and steers as it did, but when you go full lock it doesnt return by itself? Battery replaced.

Tia