Make a donation

Author Topic: Aliexpress Switches  (Read 2561 times)

willni

Re: Aliexpress Switches
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 06:27:49 pm »
I'm going to replace my chinese copy of a mk6 headlight switch just feel there's no real quality tbh it works perfectly fine though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4ndy

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 06:32:54 pm »
never had any issuers with cheapo switches  Some have had switches with the window emblem slightly obscured  Try BOLDSPORT

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 07:30:59 pm »
never had any issuers with cheapo switches  Some have had switches with the window emblem slightly obscured  Try BOLDSPORT

I'll have a look at bold sport now thanks

Offline DaveyBoyWonder

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 02:01:07 pm »
The ones I've just fitted look like those on Ali Express. Paid about £20 for a full 5-door set including headlight switch, mirror switch and fuel cap switch. For the price I wasn't expecting much but anything would be better than my 118 thousand mile old ones! To be fair, I think they're extremely good. As mentioned on another post about them I've seen, the icons on them could do to be a couple of mm closer to the tip of the switch but thats purely an observation I made after being aware of it. Side by side with the OEM ones, theres hardly any difference in the icon position.

Looks a load better than before so for £20, until I do through and replace everything with OEM stuff, it'll do  :happy2:

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 02:41:22 pm »
I fit aliexpress ones 4 years ago, still perfect, no wear and definitely look OEM.

Jimmycpfr

Aliexpress Switches
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 08:18:14 pm »
All, has anyone installed aftermarket switches or even better, know of a switch panel that will fit somewhere in my Limited?  Trying to do a clean install.

Offline kingraza27

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 12:54:32 pm »
replaced every switch possible on the mk5 when i bought it 2nd hand, as all were faded.
No problem with these switches.

Offline spicypixel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 10:25:47 pm »
Installed the window and fuel and auto headlights switch from aliexpress, all looks fine to me, not rubbing/wearing on the chrome so far and wasn't too expensive.
Mk5 GT TDI 170 - MY2007