Make a donation

Author Topic: Virgin media issues  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Black9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Virgin media issues
« on: August 07, 2017, 04:27:54 am »
Quick background. My contact was due to expire Aug 2017, I called around march / April to downgrade as we were paying over £100 per month and used none of the features apart from internet.

I downgraded package and was told if I want to cancel at any point I'd need to give 30 days notice. There was no mention if I downgrade I'd be tied into another 12 month contract..

Called virgin a few months ago with the intention of leaving to go to sky and was told I'm tied into another 12 month contract. I mentioned I spoke to someone else who changed the package and there was no mention of this. Asked to speak to a manager and was told I'd get a call back. No call

Call back again around a week later and ask to speak to manager again, was told I'd get a call back. Also asked to hear a recording of the phone call of which I downgraded. Told I'd get one within 40 days. Surprise heard nothing back and no recording. This has been over 2 moths since since this call.

Called back Friday passed and explained this to another virgin employee to be told
I'd get a call back, again no call back. Now I'm considering cancelling my direct deb with my bank and switching to sky. Any ideas if i can get debt collecters coming to my address?

Offline Black9

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Re: Virgin media issues
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 04:29:01 am »
Just to add the account is on my mums name and money Comes from her account. She's doesnt stay at this address and she isn't the one who called to Change the plan

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 08:41:44 am »
Phone calls haven't worked, so e mail customer services at head office. I suspect that you probably are into a 12 month contract - and if the account is in your mothers name etc, they really shouldn't have taken any instruction from you......but that's where you are at.

Don't cancel payments at this stage - you'll potentially cause a whole load of hassle for yer Ma. See what customer services will do for you / her ( you should be able to get you authorised to speak / communicate on her behalf, with the appropriate permissions in place). It's the billing address that's important regarding chasing payment etc (ie your mum).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 11:46:57 am by Juliand »

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 03:39:27 pm »
I always cancel the DD if the company in question isn't forthcoming.  Let them chase you instead.  Why should we waste our lunch breaks sitting on hold, waiting to speak to these useless cretins?

But as above, because the account is in your Mum's name, I wouldn't do that.  You can't stop the DD anyway, your Mum would have to do it.   Does your Mum know she's paying for your Virgin account?  :grin:

And as always, golden rule before doing anything with goods and service providers - read the small print!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D