Make a donation

Author Topic: Clutch switch problem.  (Read 1838 times)

Offline markjj

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Clutch switch problem.
« on: August 08, 2017, 06:16:49 pm »
 Ive got the issue of revs jumping/not dropping when changing gear. The higher the rpm on shift the higher the revs jump.  Also cruise control has stopped working, it illuminates on the dash but won't activate from the stalk . Clutch switch was the fault code. I have since changed it but the problem is still there. The ecu thinks the clutch is constantly disengaged ,,,(clutch pushed in). The switch is magnetic and when the clutch is depressed the pushrod must activate the switch. I have tried 2 switches and also drove the car with the clutch switch unattached from the master cylinder but plugged in via the connector ruling out any problem with the mastercylinder push rod. But the problem persists.
The problem first started after having the thermostat changed. The throttle was disconnected but this has been since calibtrated. Any ideas.

Offline markjj

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Clutch switch problem.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 06:44:10 pm »
At the weekend I had the clutch master cylinder replaced with another new clutch  switch to rule that out, but  the problem still persists. Driving me nuts.  :stupid:

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Clutch switch problem.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:44:25 pm »
Hmm always thought it was the clutch pedal switch that causes this issue?