Make a donation

Author Topic: Concerning DSG Issues  (Read 2118 times)

Offline phantom1004

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Concerning DSG Issues
« on: August 11, 2017, 08:56:34 pm »
Hey there, First time posting so Hi there, recently brought a MKV GTI with a DSG gearbox because i couldn't find a manual that fit my criteria, My story so far, and the problem at the end.

Drove the car 500 miles home from where i brought it and noticed 3-4 was a bit iffy, but put that down to being an Auto, so i ignored it and got home.

After 4 days i was randomly getting getting the EPC light come on along with the ESP light, with my cheapo obd reader i checked the code, and reset it, and now to today and the problem.

Got my Vag-Com from ross-tech and thought hey ho lets fix EVERYTHING, TBA a few electrical querks that i am gonna fix either tomorrow or sunday, and a few codes on the transmission, i cant recall the codes but i decided to do the DSG Reset per instructions from the VCDS Website and heres where my problems started.

Adaption 061 would always fail, causing a error 061 not responding or something along those lines, and 060 too, but per instructions on a different website and allowed it to finish regardless of the error message, and then the problem.

TLDR Problem Below

i attempt to reverse the car out of my drive way after the "DSG Reset" and nothing happens, PRNDS Flashes, i think meh push it to the road and start driving, to finish the DSG Reset, first doesnt react until at about 3000rpm then jumps into action quite violently, the rest of the gears are meh at the start but are, id say better then before, however the issue of first "jumping" and a similar issue in reverse happens, with addition to this problem, if im not "aggressive" on taking off in first/reverse the car will drive for a short distance then PRNDS, and even more concerning, from reversing then stop, going into drive and trying to take off in first most of the time it will make the PRNDS happen.

Im open to any and all suggestions and i'm already braced to buying a new mechatronics as all signs head to that or the solenoid.

Help my beauty drive another day! And thanks in advanced

Offline phantom1004

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Concerning DSG Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:05:46 am »
Edit: After thinking about it i remember why i wanted to do the DSG Reset, it was because of the slackiness between gears on full throttle, but also a Pressure low OBD Code

Final edit until replys come in:

Redid the DSG Reset and turns out the laptop was in a power saving mode, cutting connectivity via usb, so with that fixed i did it all again and i finally have a some what good working car with the existing first and reverse issues with this EXACT Fault code from Vag-com when ever i allow the car to PRNDS error

18223 - Pressure Control Valve 1 (N215)
            P1815 - 008 - Short to Plus - Intermittent - MIL ON
            Freeze Frame
Fault Status: 10101000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 255
Reset counter: 40
Milage: 253415 km
Time Idication: 0

Side note, a DSG Fluid change was done at 210,000KM
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 01:46:12 pm by phantom1004 »