Make a donation

Author Topic: Fault Found: 01134 - Alarm Horn (H12) 004 - No Signal/Communication  (Read 19549 times)

Offline northernmunkey1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
After getting a VCDS done the following code come up - Fault Found: 01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)   004 - No Signal/Communication.

After having a quick read on the net I hear its a tough little bugger to get.

How much would it cost to replace one on a 2005 GTI mk5 and anywhere in the Birmingham area?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:23:59 pm by northernmunkey1 »

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
Re: Fault Found: 01134 - Alarm Horn (H12) 004 - No Signal/Communication
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 10:29:17 pm »
£30 brand new off china ebay. I've had them replaced on 2 of my golfs. You its located behind driver wing. You will need to take the wheel arch lining out. The alarm is held in a metal case which is riveted onto the chassis. Drill those rivets out, remove metal case, replace alarm and pop some new rivets in and the rest is reversal of removal

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline northernmunkey1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 08:16:57 pm »
£30 brand new off china ebay. I've had them replaced on 2 of my golfs. You its located behind driver wing. You will need to take the wheel arch lining out. The alarm is held in a metal case which is riveted onto the chassis. Drill those rivets out, remove metal case, replace alarm and pop some new rivets in and the rest is reversal of removal

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sounds simple but Knowing me it will take for ever and I don't have a rivet gun.  There are so many versions not sure which will fit my car?

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 01:21:06 pm »
Well mine had the same error.. And my rivits was a pain in the ass to drill out. Got everything removed, but didn't had the time to bolt it new the stuff back in place hehe.
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline northernmunkey1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 12:44:57 am »
Yes took it to a breakers today and it took ages to get off.  He then plugged it into some portable device like a massive tablet and did a system reboot check which turned on the wipers, opened the rear boot and petrol cap and the alarm beeped.  He then mentioned that the battery inside the  siren needed charging so it could work properly and I was told to run it for a week.

Does this make sense and is the alarm suppose to beep when you turn it on and off?

Offline mvb12

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 12:11:51 pm »
Yes took it to a breakers today and it took ages to get off.  He then plugged it into some portable device like a massive tablet and did a system reboot check which turned on the wipers, opened the rear boot and petrol cap and the alarm beeped.  He then mentioned that the battery inside the  siren needed charging so it could work properly and I was told to run it for a week.

Does this make sense and is the alarm suppose to beep when you turn it on and off?

PM'd buddy

if you mean turn on and off as in lock and unlock then yes if this has been coded this way.  :happy2:
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline northernmunkey1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 08:57:28 pm »

PM'd buddy

if you mean turn on and off as in lock and unlock then yes if this has been coded this way.  :happy2:

Yes that's what I meant buddy.  Going back to garage this weekend hope it can be sorted