Make a donation

Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 7315 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Liverpool FC
« on: August 23, 2017, 04:47:16 am »
Any other Reds on here?

It's been disappointing not to get Kieta and Van Dykk in this window but I'm quite impressed with the three we have signed. Salad has incredible skill and pace, although
His finishing has been off in his first Premiership games.

Solanke looks a great buy for next to nothing and I can see him leap frog the disappointing Origi this year. Andy Robertson looks capable of filling the left back vacancy after a superb debut v Palace.

It looks like we'll keep Coutinho, and I'd like to see us in for Draksler and Howedes. It would be a decent window then. If we get VVD that would be brilliant and then get Kietta next summer when his buy out clause is active.

Who would you like to see come in and who can you see realistically come in!?!?

YNWA!

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: Liverpool FC
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 05:43:24 pm »
I think the Coutinho thing is almost inevitable - he'll go. The problem is, if for some reason the deal falls through that leaves us with a potentially unhappy player. And with the deal becoming drawn out, we're leaving it late to find a good replacement if he does go.

Robertson does look good, I agree. Solid crossing and looks to have the ability to get back and actually defend when it's needed, which some of our recent LBs have stuggled with.

Seems we soured any chance of signing Van Dijk with the improper approach during the summer. A few other clubs are sniffing round him too.

Overall I'm disappointed, in terms of transfers. There isn't much time left. Assuming the unthinkable doesn't happen tonight, we've got Champions League matches to commit to, which we didn't last season. If there was any time to really bolster the squad it was this summer.

All we need is a couple of long term injuries and things start to look very tough on paper.

Being optimistic, if Sturridge can manage to stay fit for a while (long shot, I know), then we can at least expect a few goals from him.

I just don't get the feeling we've moved forward much in terms of intent.

Time will tell, and I'll love the reds through thick and thin, but we could be in for a rocky ride unless the blazers really get their act in gear before the end of the window.

YNWA!

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 05:56:51 am »
Yes I agree we haven't bought well again. Our scouting system is very poor. Southampton have gone and bought a new centre back under the radar. No doubt he'll be excellent and worth £50m plus in a year!
Why aren't we finding and buying this type of player for sensible money?

On a brighter note we were awesome in attack last night. Some truly great goals. I think we're absolutely full of goals now, and we have strengthened in terms of wide players which will help us when the lesser teams park the bus. So many times last year we were trying to play ticky tacky through the middle and it was too congested to get through. The best way to stretch these teams open is to use width to create space. If Coutinho can be integrated back in, and I think he can, he can become one of the best playmakers in World football by playing deeper. He will assist more and score more, as most of his goals are outside or on the edge of the box. He was brilliant in this role at the end of last season. He will get his dream move to Barcelona, but I hope we stand firm and get another year or two out of him first.

But why was Moreno playing after Robinson did so well v Palace? He is a liability and is so often caught out of position leaving us vulnerable on the left flank. Some Liverpool fans I was talking to in the pub agreed with me that he should be played as an attacking midfielder. He is very creative and causes problems for the oppo but he just isn't a defender. He hasn't got the mindset of defend first. I still think Klopp should drop his pride and try and reintroduce Sakho into the squad. He's arguably our best defender. Whatever happens we need more leadership and organisation in defence. The amount of times attackers aren't challenged and end up with a free header on goal is very worrying. It happened again last night. What's wrong with good old fashioned man to man marking?

Let's hope we have a good week, get a decent group in tonight's draw and 2 or 3 quality players before the window shuts. And keep Coutinho!!!

YNWA!

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:25:09 pm »
We proved last night that we can attack fluently without Coutinho. Mane and Firminho in particular linked up really well, so that was encouraging. Question is, can we do that against all teams, without Coutinho. I'd love him to stay. I hope you're right!

Defence, surprise surprise, not good. The Waford game, and last night, were really telling. If we don't sort that out I think we're in store for plenty of nervy games.

Looking forward to the draw this evening!

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 08:39:01 am »
 A huge positive I'm taking so far is the fact that Crystal Palace sat back and defended like so many teams did against us last year but we managed to find a way through. If that game plans would've worked again last week you could see most PL teams trying it again this year. Happy with the CL draw but probably would've preferred a Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern in the group to add some spice to it.

I don't see them letting Coutinho go now and glad they have dug in their heals to prove they won't be bullied, as for his attitude now thats something Klopp will have to address and quick.

Also need to ditch Zonal marking and quick, I've never seen it work with any team.   

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 12:52:52 pm »
I'm a red - heard from "reliable" source that Keita has been searching for a house in Formby, but guess that doesn't mean he will come in this window - could have gentleman's agreement to come next summer for £48 million, but of course no guarantee would be able to offer him CL next year.

Think United looking good for title this year unfortunately. Think Spurs might struggle a bit with playing at Wembley away teams will all raise their games and atmosphere wont be as intimidating as the Lane. So like to think we can still finish 4th again if no higher but if we got in VVD and Keita/Ox then who knows could push for higher than 4th.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 06:23:58 pm »
Great win. Arsenal looked very average, but we made it count. We weren't terrible in defence either.

Mo Salah played a blinder. He's got some real pace and unlike a former quick player that got a red yesterday, good composure.

Whole team did the job today. Very happy!

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 10:00:14 pm »
Great win. Arsenal looked very average, but we made it count. We weren't terrible in defence either.

Mo Salah played a blinder. He's got some real pace and unlike a former quick player that got a red yesterday, good composure.

Not taking anything away from todays performance was top class but the top teams don't worry me and thats the worry.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 01:51:56 pm »

Not taking anything away from todays performance was top class but the top teams don't worry me and thats the worry.
I think under Rodgers that was slightly more the case than with Klopp. But I agree, there's still the odd game where we either underestimate a team that we should be beating with a clean sheet, or we're simply not composed enough up to the whistle - and we drop points. A proven defender or two before the end of the window should strengthen us in those games.

We're going into the international break with the best possible confidence though. Big game away against City to prepare for.

It's nice to hear a bit less of the Coutinho situation in the press, too. The team needs to carry on what they're doing without the distraction of media fanfare, and of course if we can keep on winning - and specifically, attacking effectively - without Coutinho, it's less of a burden. We'll just have to see what happens over the next few days.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 01:55:11 pm »
I'm a red - heard from "reliable" source that Keita has been searching for a house in Formby, but guess that doesn't mean he will come in this window - could have gentleman's agreement to come next summer for £48 million, but of course no guarantee would be able to offer him CL next year.

Think United looking good for title this year unfortunately. Think Spurs might struggle a bit with playing at Wembley away teams will all raise their games and atmosphere wont be as intimidating as the Lane. So like to think we can still finish 4th again if no higher but if we got in VVD and Keita/Ox then who knows could push for higher than 4th.
United are indeed looking good. It's early days, but they seem to be close to the complete package this season. I hate to see them winning, but I'll admit, they probably have quite a few more goals in them this season.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 02:02:33 pm »
Citeh at the weekend, Im picking Arsenal for my last man standing at work as its started again as someone won it already!

Hope to get at least a draw at the weekend
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 06:10:47 pm »
Citeh at the weekend, Im picking Arsenal for my last man standing at work as its started again as someone won it already!

Hope to get at least a draw at the weekend
A point would be ok, and entirely likely, although I'd love us to pan them. We'd gain more than 3 points - in confidence and the fear factor. If we can attack like we have been, there will be goals, but I think our defence might need to be a bit sharper against City.

It'll be interesting to see if Coutinho gets any time. On the one hand, any mid/forward should theoretically struggle to get straight into this team, but I'm sure Klopp doesn't want to create a situation where he might feel excluded. It's not all on Klopp, of course - Coutinho now has to win back a bit of trust and love from the fans. Only a bit, though. The whole thing can be easily forgiven if he puts the work in and does what he does best.

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 10:17:05 pm »
Day to forget, haven't watched the game but shows how much our game reliant on attack.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 08:31:49 pm »
Day to forget, haven't watched the game but shows how much our game reliant on attack.
Didn't watch it either mate. One of those days I was gutted to be working, but didn't feel the need to catch the highlights in the evening. My manager is a City fan. He was actually quite reserved in asking me if I knew the score at various times through the afternoon