Make a donation

Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 7318 times)

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Liverpool FC
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 10:05:38 pm »
Only caught the second half tonight but it seems to be going from bad to worse. The most frustrating part is that it seems to be the same problems every game that just don't seem to be getting addressed. Also hope he just needs time to adjust as I rated him at Arsenal but Oxlade-Chamberlain is looking like a complete waste of money so far. Great to see Ings back though and Woodburn done ok again, only real high lite fort me tonight.

Offline Manny_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 04:52:20 pm »
Defense. Defense & Midfield. Attacking wise, we're the best in the league, miles ahead of Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs. Utd & City close though. The Ox will come good, people need to understand, Arsene Wenger doesn't get his players playing with no where near as much discipline as Klopp does. - Ox will get used to this and adjust, he has the potential and talent! We still need that anchor midfielder though, that work horse as most would call it. Henderson is no good 75% of the time and when come up against top level opposition, he looks levels off. No idea how Lovren is still at LFC let alone a top 4 team. Get a proper CB in and Matip improves massively too. Andy Robertson needs to play more and with game rhythm he'll improve massively. I think after watching last night, the one thing that got to me was how bad Flanno played - he had a great 18 months before Klopp came but then was hit by injury & Klopp hasn't showed any faith in his abilities since and this has potentially ruined a solid young player who was defensive minded and just what we need!
Stealth Racing Stage 2+ Tornado Red 5dr DSG Edition 30
Mk2 Oak Green 16v -> 1.8T - Still Sleeping..

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 06:43:25 pm »
I'm left wondering how we'd have performed in these games had the mauling at City not happened. There's got to be a loss of confidence at some level.

Ok, we fielded a different team, and it didn't work. But like you say Manny, it's the same old problems, whoever is on the pitch. Something deep-rooted needs to change.

I've got faith in Klopp. He's got pedigree. But I'd like to think it's not beyond him to coach a better idea of defence into the whole squad. We lost out on at least one proven defender, and that does make a difference, but surely we can do better than this with what we've got.

Time will tell.

YNWA.

Mikemwqf

Liverpool FC
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 08:54:59 pm »
I think youll find Manchester City won it rather than the other 19 teams lost it.
Liverpool ran them the closest and took it to the last game of the season.
No shame in that.
One defeat since the turn of the year.
A breath of fresh air

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 08:26:28 pm »
Taking nothing away from Spurs because they looked awesome today but Liverpool were wofefull once again. To go from winning 7-0 (even if it was against a small team) to that was just embarrassing. I like Klopp but I’m getting a litttle fed up with his stubbornness. How Lovren and Mignolet are making the team at the moment is beyond me.

Rant over put the loss behind us and concentrate on the next game now.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 12:57:04 pm »
So Arsenal on Fri, tough game, can see any result being a possibility with those two teams!
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2017, 09:47:35 pm »
Eating my words now about Oxlade-Chamberlain

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2017, 05:55:55 pm »
Apparently a £75m bid for a certain defender has been accepted...

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2018, 01:48:13 pm »
I dont think Klavan is worth 75 million, but if Barca want to pay it let them  :grin:

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2018, 10:20:26 pm »
Am I the only one struggling to get my head round the timing of this sale of Coutinio? If Liverpool haven't got a replacement lined up I cannot not understand why they didn't wait until the summer.

LeonHam

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2018, 10:32:15 am »
I dont think Klavan is worth 75 million, but if Barca want to pay it let them  :grin:

That's an insane figure for a defender if you ask me. Under transfer blunder from Liverpool. Sadly, we're used to them.

Offline Manny_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 10:37:44 am »
I think they tried everything they could to keep him there. Even offered him a wage increase and captaincy. Ideal situation was to have an agreement for the summer but he was just being stubborn and even paid some of his own money to help the deal - says a lot really. The problem we have is that now he's gone for such a big fee,  prices inflate for any player we show interest in. But it's good business and helps balance the books but lets hope this means FSG then say we can go invest a large chunk of the 145m in player(s).
Stealth Racing Stage 2+ Tornado Red 5dr DSG Edition 30
Mk2 Oak Green 16v -> 1.8T - Still Sleeping..

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 09:55:42 pm »
Ha ha only we could beat Top of the league then lose to bottom of the league the next week. Fingers crossed we see the same reaction that we seen after the spurs loss

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2018, 12:15:16 pm »
only us could collapse after being 5-0 ha

still confident of getting to final and after that who knows what can happen

Offline berg