Make a donation

Author Topic: Any Professional Decorators Please?  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Any Professional Decorators Please?
« on: August 30, 2017, 10:15:43 am »
This is annoying me......Painted Lounge 12 months ago - just Dulux plain white matt vinyl Rollered on. Wifey marked the wall, only about 2 CM's, but of course its on the wall where the TV is, so in regular view. No problem (I thought) - I still have some of the paint left over, so just touched it up, very delicately, with a small brush, slightly stippled, so as not to show the brush marks, but WTF, it just stands out more now than the flipping mark did.....and each time I try to re-do it, the re-painted bit gets a bit bigger, and even more noticeable.......

Now its all I see - my eyes are drawn to it - a bit OCD, ha ha.

I've since tried a few other tins of white paint, but they all seem to look a bit grey against the original white. Will it fade in with sunlight etc over time; or do I have to re-paint the whole wall?

It's bugging me.......'I must get a life'...... :stupid:

Oh, here's a tip for general stains on painted walls ....Soon after I'd painted the lounge, wifey knocked over a glass of red Schloer (not even proper red wine), and that left a real stain. Tried gently dabbing/ saturating with an oxy-type washing machine bleach additive , and it completely removed it. Don't wipe, as that makes it shiney, just dab. Worked a treat :happy2:

Any bright ideas for this, please?

Cheers

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Re: Any Professional Decorators Please?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 10:38:22 am »
I've just finished repainting my entire house and noticed that the places I touch up take about a week to dry in fully and blend.

I also used the same grey F&B to touch one area up and noticed it never blended. Turned out one was emulsion and the other was masonry. Doubt that's your issue but just check it's the same paint.

Did you mix the can thoroughly before use? The oil floats and the solids settle so you might just have the middle of it.

Finally, I'd say it's just because your paint has been there a year and naturally it will age over that time and look different to any areas you touch up unfortunately.

In time though, I'd say it will blend.

willni

Re: Any Professional Decorators Please?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 12:18:46 pm »
I've seen people paint random marks in places to touch up, and for whatever reason it never blends in, personally as a guess it's say it will sit raised above the surrounding paint and so you'll always notice it until you fully repaint again.

If it annoys you that much I'd just repaint the wall, for realistically you could bosh it out quite quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk