Make a donation

Author Topic: BBS Pescara centre cap removal  (Read 3857 times)

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
BBS Pescara centre cap removal
« on: June 10, 2017, 12:43:51 pm »
As above - are there any tips to doing this without removing the wheels? Just picked up a new set as mine have gone milky but its not easy where I live to get the car in the air and wheels off to replace them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jonnyed30

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
Re: BBS Pescara centre cap removal
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 10:36:56 am »
I drilled through the centre of mine then screwed a screw in then pulled them off. Then just pop the new ones in. No damage to the wheels at all

willni

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 01:13:35 pm »
I drilled through mine and used the wheel nut cover removal tool / hook of a coat hanger to pull it out

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 05:47:54 pm »
Tiny flat head screwdriver wrap microfibre round it and pry off from the edge (bottom works well)  no damage no fuss of using a drill takes seconds. Pop on the new ones and off u go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 02:38:04 pm »
Cheers guys. I saw a tutorial online of people using strong tape to pull them off. When that didnt work I though Im not going to re-use them so hammered a screw driver through the middle of them and popped them off - job done!

Offline Stevie1982

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 09:03:13 pm »
Having all my wheels refurbished and was wondering where is the best place to pick up a set of centre caps or if anyone has the part number for them

Thanks in advance

willni

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 10:14:20 pm »
Having all my wheels refurbished and was wondering where is the best place to pick up a set of centre caps or if anyone has the part number for them

Thanks in advance

From VW are the best ones, and the part number is on the back of the centre cap :) alternatively people buy the ebay ones and spray laquer over them to help them last I haven't tried this though

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 09:13:48 am »

Thanks in advance

Disagree with VW being best.

I would go OEM on anything critical but these caps can be bought on aliexpress for about a pound and they're just as good.

Google wheel caps on aliexpress for mk5 golf and you have a choice of emblems and colours.

Just make sure you get the right size! Reference the ones you removed for the part number

willni

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 09:56:40 am »

Thanks in advance

I would go OEM on anything critical but these caps can be bought on aliexpress for about a pound and they're just as good.

Google wheel caps on aliexpress for mk5 golf and you have a choice of emblems and colours.

Just make sure you get the right size! Reference the ones you removed for the part number

I opt for genuine ones because I've rarely seen 2 weeks in winter and 3 months in summer with the 'fake' ones, and then after about 3 sets you might as well have bought the genuine ones.

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 10:19:46 am »

Thanks in advance

I opt for genuine ones because I've rarely seen 2 weeks in winter and 3 months in summer with the 'fake' ones, and then after about 3 sets you might as well have bought the genuine ones.

I bought mine from aliexpress over a year ago when I refurbished my alloys and they're still good as new!

Same as the last set.

I wonder if you just got unlucky with a few dodgy sets!

Reidgnjr

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 07:24:39 pm »
Hi all, I've got a set of BStar 16" RA's and am after the size for the centre caps in case I lose/damage one. I've been in contact with BStar themselves and they said the only ones they have left are for the sets of wheels they still have in stock and not prepared so split them.