Make a donation

Author Topic: bluetooth music streaming functionality help. rcd510  (Read 27802 times)

Offline K9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 14
  • VW LifeStyle
    • Email
Re: bluetooth music streaming functionality help. rcd510
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:43 pm »
Which module did you end up using then?

Ok so head unit is now 3C8 035 195 G made by Bosch
BT Module is 7P6 035 730 J VW OEM unit

iphone6 works perfectly and I can control calls and music from the phone and still use 3g / 4g
It brings up song info and allows me to control it from the head unit
It also brings up my phone book info on the head unit in a format that can be read now compared to the old head unit which displayed the names but then when you looked at the info for that contact it was a scrambled mess.

Very happy i've finally got it working.
cool. what did the 7P6 035 730 J VW OEM unit cost you?

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2015, 09:41:29 pm »
Nice one. I also got 7p6.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2015, 10:54:13 pm »
Which module did you end up using then?

Ok so head unit is now 3C8 035 195 G made by Bosch
BT Module is 7P6 035 730 J VW OEM unit

iphone6 works perfectly and I can control calls and music from the phone and still use 3g / 4g
It brings up song info and allows me to control it from the head unit
It also brings up my phone book info on the head unit in a format that can be read now compared to the old head unit which displayed the names but then when you looked at the info for that contact it was a scrambled mess.

Very happy i've finally got it working.
cool. what did the 7P6 035 730 J VW OEM unit cost you?

About £14000  :signLOL:

(it was standard on my new van)

They seem to be about £160 on eBay though... need to buy another one for the golf so i can have the same set up in both.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline DamoP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 115
  • 2007 Edition 30 number 1242
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,86073.0.html
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2015, 11:10:03 pm »
ill be selling mine soon with the whole iphone 5/6 mdi set up
MDI Armrest & Glovebox kits
MDI looms , iPod, USB & lightening Iphone 5 leads
Armrests, cloth and leather
Retro fit Armrest 6 CD changer/Ipod dock kits

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2016, 01:54:55 pm »
Sorry to bump the old thread.... But what actually solved the issue as I'm having the same problem. Was it the headhunt or the bluetooth module?

Thanks,
Faz

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 08:05:06 am »
Sorry to bump the old thread.... But what actually solved the issue as I'm having the same problem. Was it the headhunt or the bluetooth module?

Thanks,
Faz

The headhunt.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2016, 11:59:12 am »

Thanks,
Faz

The headhunt.

I see what you did there! Thanks  :)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2016, 11:33:59 pm »

Thanks,
Faz

The headhunt.

I see what you did there! Thanks  :)

sorry.. auto correct. Head UNIT! :)

Offline tdimac

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
  • My Ride: MY 07 ED30, stage 1 remap, millet resonated system, retrofit oem cruise, RCD510 with oem bluetooth, led interior lighting, teardrop wipe on rear wiper, vcds
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2017, 06:48:11 pm »
I'm having very similar trouble. Retro fitted RCD510 and 9w2 bluetooth to ED30 ( headunit is 3C8035195A) with microphone, the whole oem kit and caboodle. Got bored of not being able to control the phone or music streaming via bluetooth from the headunit. I updated the CAN before I even started the whole thing. Keep seeing people going on about checking software on headunit via a long press of the setup button but all that does is bring up FM/AM/DAB tuning stuff with no hint of finding what version I have. I'll probably need it updating but the real problem is that I've now fitted a 9w7 bluetooth module and I now have nothing. It says it's connected to my iPhone and shows as such on the headunit but thats it. Can't make or receive calls either from phone or headunit and i can't stream music anymore although it did for just a few seconds then just said NO.
Anyone got any ideas ? Am I missing something in coding ? Or am I going to have to attack it with a sledgehammer ? Is it possible the module is faulty? I wouldn't have thought it would work at all and show no connection if it were faulty but it looks like i know absolutely zero.
HELP

wuub

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 10:38:37 am »
I have an RDC 310 with BT module (5K0035730D) and I can't play, pause or skip songs (I can only control the volume). I'm a bit lost because I've just bought the car and I don't know if there is any option that I didn't see.

Offline kam760

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
  • On the search for an edition 30.
  • My Ride: On the search for one...
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2019, 06:23:53 pm »
I'm having very similar trouble. Retro fitted RCD510 and 9w2 bluetooth to ED30 ( headunit is 3C8035195A) with microphone, the whole oem kit and caboodle. Got bored of not being able to control the phone or music streaming via bluetooth from the headunit. I updated the CAN before I even started the whole thing. Keep seeing people going on about checking software on headunit via a long press of the setup button but all that does is bring up FM/AM/DAB tuning stuff with no hint of finding what version I have. I'll probably need it updating but the real problem is that I've now fitted a 9w7 bluetooth module and I now have nothing. It says it's connected to my iPhone and shows as such on the headunit but thats it. Can't make or receive calls either from phone or headunit and i can't stream music anymore although it did for just a few seconds then just said NO.
Anyone got any ideas ? Am I missing something in coding ? Or am I going to have to attack it with a sledgehammer ? Is it possible the module is faulty? I wouldn't have thought it would work at all and show no connection if it were faulty but it looks like i know absolutely zero.
HELP

2 years on...
Did you ever fix this? I've just added a 9w7 module to RNS 510. Either just keeps connecting and disconnecting or if it does connect nothing work, no sound or music etc.