Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 Door not shutting properly  (Read 1790 times)

Offline fliprio

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Mk5 Door not shutting properly
« on: September 03, 2017, 01:12:28 pm »
Afternoon all, my Mk5 has a slight niggle that once shutting the doors, the last one is very hard to shut due to the internal cabin pressure, drop the window a mm and it shuts fine but other than that you have to slam the last door - which is usually the wife's and it drives her mad :-)

Is there an internal vent on these things to stop this? does everyone else have the same problem?

Offline fliprio

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Mk5 Door not shutting properly
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 09:36:51 pm »
Afternoon all, my Mk5 has a slight niggle that once shutting the doors, the last one is very hard to shut due to the internal cabin pressure, drop the window a mm and it shuts fine but other than that you have to slam the last door - which is usually the wife's and it drives her mad :-)

Is there an internal vent on these things to stop this? does everyone else have the same problem?

Anyone else had this issue?

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103290.0.html
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 10:30:23 pm »
You can move the striker out a tiny bit on the b pillar, that will make it slightly easier to close. And yes there are vents for the cabin pressure which are in the rear panel behind the bumper x2

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 09:46:59 am »
Yep standard Golf.  They've always been like that.  As above you can move the latch pins out a bit, but I don't like the resultant unsightly shut line gaps. 

Just wait for the missus to close her door before shutting yours  :happy2:

The rear vents don't help with this issue.  I think they are just stale air vents and you can hear them chuntering away in heavy side winds.  I think they open up when the car is on the move to evacuate the burps and farts.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D