Make a donation

Author Topic: mk7 R in the living room  (Read 2309 times)

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
mk7 R in the living room
« on: September 03, 2017, 04:58:42 pm »
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

willni

Re: mk7 R in the living room
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 05:07:42 pm »
I feel like someone at the seen was standing about laughing at "That house crashed into me officer!", obviously after everyone was taken care off.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 10:32:15 am »
Well there you have it folks, one major reason why we're all paying higher insurance premiums.  Absolute cock socket.  Zero sympathy from me, but I feel sorry for the people sat behind the wall though.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline chigmuss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 07:57:23 pm »
Yeah, I'd second that @pudding I saw that it was an 'r' and thought 'someone pushing it in a 30 limit and lost it'. Thing is, nowadays, there's a lot of cars out there with way more power than we've ever had (in the 80's 300 bhp was the stuff of Ferrari's) and with remarkable performance due to the driver aids too. Unfortunately, driver aids can't help you out when you're driving like a t**t and beyond your capabilities.
Yeah, feel for the poor folk in their living room, I'm sure you'll never relax again. At least they weren't injured.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2v8m0hhru1vc862m6hkued3la6&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 08:04:09 pm »
Cheap lease hatchback ends up being driven into house by a young inexperience driver, driving outside of his ability..... hardly a great surprise is it?

If i had 30K to spunk on a car right now, the absolute last car I would buy is a 7R.... I wouldn't not even consider it for a second.

Offline NickGTi

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 08:46:26 pm »
Had to laugh when I saw the supplying dealer was the one I work for.

I was working in the fleet (lease department) last year, and the amount of 7R's that went out to younger people was quite scary.

So this is one of those by the looks of it, shame!

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 10:15:58 pm »
Cheap lease hatchback ends up being driven into house by a young inexperience driver, driving outside of his ability..... hardly a great surprise is it?

If i had 30K to spunk on a car right now, the absolute last car I would buy is a 7R.... I wouldn't not even consider it for a second.

Bet it is ...I mean was...£300 a month, rather than £30K "spunked" tho..........  :signLOL:

Offline Addymk2

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 07:56:42 am »
Rs are the most fragged cars on the road now. I don't go a week without seeing one being absolutely hooned through a 30 zone so this isn't a shock.

Or the fleet of them that circle the town centre every weekend night... I like Rs, don't get me wrong. But it's brought a lot of performance to a lot of idiots.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 10:47:09 am »
Just another driving God who doesn't understand the difference between traction and lateral grip.  Because Quattro, innit blud. 

It's not just chavs with no fear of consequences (and rightly so with our utterly ineffective justice system and little police presence on the streets) that own/rent these cars.   2 of them have appeared in my housing estate recently, and both owned by mature gents in their late 30s/early 40s.  No ragging the sheet out of them around the estate.  One of them is that god awful "last orange creme left in the box" gold-ish brown colour  :sick:   But the R's reputation is definitely being ruined by the McDonald's massif.

Weird thing is, in spite of the new speeding fines, people seem to be driving faster than ever.  I was out in mine last night and a bunch of pr1cks in a mini one came steaming past me well into the 100s, 120-125 as a guess.  What is it with these fearless chavs?  Is there something in the water or their weed?  I was never like that at their age.....but then again, I had a healthy respect for the five-O.   These kids will only learn the hard way, by death, or getting the schitt kicked out of them.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline maxamplitude10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
  • '07' ED30 Manual 3Dr
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 04:45:26 pm »
Probably stolen being the 'R' I know 4 people who have had them taken with force in the midlands in the past year alone!!!!!