Make a donation

Author Topic: XHose - Garden Hosespipe - Any Good???  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
XHose - Garden Hosespipe - Any Good???
« on: September 21, 2017, 07:23:53 am »
An impulse buy, as it was in an 'end of season' sale, doh! I thought that these were highly rated, but looking at some of the reviews, there seems to be a problem with them bursting. Anyone got one?

Years ago, I did have a very 'flat' hose, which consisted of an outer fabric, with polythene inner (similar principle I think), and that rolled up into a cassette-type thing, expelling the water - that was great and lasted years before it broke, but not so sure about this thing now...... It's the 100ft version and was £50 at full price, so not cheap at all. Will only be used for cleaning the car and hosing the patio off etc  :thinking:
Cheers

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Re: XHose - Garden Hosespipe - Any Good???
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 09:04:50 am »
I bought 100m of braided hose for use with my pressure washer as it's strong and won't rip or kink after years of punishment.

Recently I laid grass seed in the garden and needed a self retractable hose on a swivel so I could easily access all 4 corners of the garden so I bought a flopro 15m self retractable and I have to say it's amazing. It retracts and at the same time moves left to right so it feeds back uniformly into the housing which also prevents it from being damaged physically and by UV. It can also get full flow if only just the first 1m is pulled from the housing as it's rigid hose. Mine was €70 so about the same price but cleaner, wall mounted, 180deg swivel and retractable.

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 09:38:38 am »
Only buy the best quality hosepipe , you won't regret the extra paid. I have hozelock ultra pro (not made anymore) think the replacement is called ultimate or similar.
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

4ndy

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 06:19:55 pm »
Only buy the best quality hosepipe , you won't regret the extra paid. I have hozelock ultra pro (not made anymore) think the replacement is called ultimate or similar.
This, with a wall mounted reel to keep it tidy and out of the way with a decent spray gun

Offline eddie pk

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 09:25:45 pm »
try the wintech yellow hose from screwfix , i think aldi sell them sometimes?. seems a good quality hose , happy with it so far and not a bad price .