Make a donation

Author Topic: Powerflex Engine and Trans Inserts  (Read 11236 times)

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 77
Powerflex Engine and Trans Inserts
« on: October 06, 2017, 02:55:20 pm »
Anyone tried these?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: Powerflex Engine and Trans Inserts
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 03:30:25 pm »
Saw those a couple of weeks ago.  Great idea and cost effective.  I suspect they will work better in new / recent mounts than old collapsed ones.

If I didn't already have the Vibrators, I'd be trying those for sure!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 05:12:36 pm »
Impressed with all the other powerflex stuff I have installed...
I can't find anyone that's fitted these, I might have to be the guinea pig

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 05:59:55 pm »
Go for it mate  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 07:48:15 pm »
That looks like a great option I might give these ago

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 09:40:06 pm »
Fitting mine tomorrow hopefully, had them sat here all week waiting for 5 minutes to myself
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 06:01:16 pm »
Fitting mine tomorrow hopefully, had them sat here all week waiting for 5 minutes to myself
Let us know

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 10:12:18 pm »
Lifted most of this from my Facebook post...

First thing to note is that there are different upper engine mount void designs, much like the differences with the rear dog bone... and typically I have the wrong type of engine mount..... However I managed to modify it to make it fit and work sufficiently....

They do everything I had hoped for without the drawbacks you constantly hear with uprated mounts.

Revving the engine at idle = no movement at all. Previously there was a lot with my standard mounts, even with the dogbone mount insert I have fitted.

Driving= can feel straight away when pulling off. Solid but without horrific vibrations. The only vibrations I noticed were when pulling off without enough throttle - rattled the contents of my door pocket.

Absolutely no vibration or rattles at idle, feels as smooth as it ever did once I fixed the fuel line rattle.... I'd disturbed it as I did the cambelt and pump at the same time as fitting these inserts.

The wheel hop I've suffered with for 4 years is finally gone too. The engine is solidly mounted yet perfectly civil for a daily drive.

Not been out for spirited drive with some twisties yet but I've no doubt it'll feel much better, especially when coming on/off the throttle.

All in all, aside from the upper engine mount difference (metal centre piece is a much wider oval profile compared with the rounded smaller one shown in the kit)......once you get past that, either with the correct mount or some creative trimming, I would whole heartedly recommend these along with the rear mount insert (I already fitted)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:40:24 pm by Dan_FR »
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 12:25:29 am »
Result
Next on my list then
Thanks for the feedback mate

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dmus2r5q2d137s6t5dkrffvdq4&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 12:27:40 am »
I had almost convinced myself that no more mods would be purchased for my ed30.....  :thinking:

Offline mk1mad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 09:31:11 am »
Excellent write up Dan_FR :happy2: I will be fitting them.
Edition 30
Golf Mk1 5vT

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 10:13:59 am »
Sounds promising. Cheers for the review, Dan. Keep us updated after a few months/miles please.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 10:16:28 am »
mm like the look of them

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 02:49:37 pm »
Lifted most of this from my Facebook post...

First thing to note is that there are different upper engine mount void designs, much like the differences with the rear dog bone... and typically I have the wrong type of engine mount..... However I managed to modify it to make it fit and work sufficiently....

They do everything I had hoped for without the drawbacks you constantly hear with uprated mounts.

Revving the engine at idle = no movement at all. Previously there was a lot with my standard mounts, even with the dogbone mount insert I have fitted.

Driving= can feel straight away when pulling off. Solid but without horrific vibrations. The only vibrations I noticed were when pulling off without enough throttle - rattled the contents of my door pocket.

Absolutely no vibration or rattles at idle, feels as smooth as it ever did once I fixed the fuel line rattle.... I'd disturbed it as I did the cambelt and pump at the same time as fitting these inserts.

The wheel hop I've suffered with for 4 years is finally gone too. The engine is solidly mounted yet perfectly civil for a daily drive.

Not been out for spirited drive with some twisties yet but I've no doubt it'll feel much better, especially when coming on/off the throttle.

All in all, aside from the upper engine mount difference (metal centre piece is a much wider oval profile compared with the rounded smaller one shown in the kit)......nonce you get past that, either with the correct mount or some creative trimming, I would whole heartedly recommend these along with the rear mount insert (I already fitted)
Dan did you go for the black series?

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 04:39:49 pm »
Day 2: kicked the cars head in a bit as had to do an airport run. Feels so much more stable, especially when feeding in the power... no more pendulum effect whilst waiting for the slack in the mounts to be taken up.... Even the other half managed to drive the car with no complaints so it's win win.

And these are the standard density purple/yellow inserts... I do have a black edition insert for the dogbone though and would highly recommend this combination, even in older mounts, mine have done near enough 75k

I have noticed some slight vibration through the steering wheel on a cold start, until the revs settle after 30 seconds or so, and there is a slight split second of vibration when you blip the throttle from idle, at literally just above idle speeds -800 to 900 rpm ish but it is slight. If you didn't know any better I doubt you would notice it, but after 4 years with the car I notice everything.

I would recommend confirming the engine mount design you have and even finding one of the correct design though for convenience of a proper fit. Very easy to do though and still thoroughly recommended
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:46:40 pm by Dan_FR »