Make a donation

Author Topic: Dsg paddle issue.  (Read 1642 times)

Raziel

Dsg paddle issue.
« on: October 08, 2017, 10:07:04 am »
Hi guys, I need a little help. I bought my gti with a bit of a discount due to a few issues, siezed rear caliper, blown DV, cracked pieces of interior trim, all of which I’ve managed to fix. The one remaining issue is with the dsg paddles not working. The gearbox changes perfectly on its own or with the gear stick, but the paddles don’t work. VCDS showed an intermittent fault on both buttons so I got new ones and fitted them, but it made no difference, it still says intermittent fault on the buttons. Has anyone seen this before? Is there something else I could try?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=s6ml0hefq2bte6g0sr8qme2e40&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Dsg paddle issue.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 11:10:03 am »
It could be that both paddles are faulty... try and source a working replacement to test.

Offline Kai96

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 11:50:00 am »
Check the control module inside the steering... if the paddles aren't plugged in properly or not at all they won't work...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Raziel

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 02:56:48 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I replaced the shift buttons myself, with a brand new set and they are properly connected as they light up when the lights are on. I thought that it may be a control module issue.  :thinking:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:29:22 pm by Raziel »