Make a donation

Author Topic: Shall I?  (Read 2058 times)

khalifagti

Shall I?
« on: October 14, 2017, 06:53:39 pm »
Hi Folks,

Just purchased a BMW 120d, M sport not long ago xenons, heated seats etc however, not very happy with her...

As it's half term I thought why not look at getting a nice GTi that i've always admired.

I've seen this up for sale at a nearby ford garage!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201706276811942?price-to=7000&make=VOLKSWAGEN&aggregatedTrim=GTI&postcode=le55pd&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&model=GOLF&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=distance&page=1

it's not got xenons which is such a shame... but apart from that I do like the car! is it worth the money? Do you reckon I can get one way cheaper?

p.s. price doesn't include a £99 admin fee (to compensate i've asked them to touch up a few bits)

Thoughts? :thinking:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:44:01 pm by khalifagti »

khalifagti

Re: Shall I?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 04:20:15 pm »
Anyone?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 10:23:04 pm »
looks a good example and in white which are rare...check service history and dsg is smooth

willni

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 10:34:46 pm »
Pretty basic all things considered heated leather, parking sensors and dsg also would need new tyres the Three-A P606 are awful. Would you consider for £600 less you can get one with 31k miles and put the £600 to either xenons or parking sensors. That's if you don't mind not having dsg.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710090116731?model=GOLF&radius=1500&postcode=le55pd&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&maximum-mileage=40000&make=VOLKSWAGEN&price-to=7000&sort=distance&advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=GTI&page=1

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 11:05:57 am »
Very basic spec for the money in my opinion.

Better off spending a little more and getting an ED30 as per below

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113695.0.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:08:45 am by shoaybmakda »

Offline chigmuss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 06:11:54 pm »
Agree with comments above, leather seats I find slippy and sag badly (just my opinion) but they are heated, it's got pretty base spec stereo, no mfsw, mid line dash, miles average I suppose but what is stuck to the roof? Di-Noc Carbon effect wrap? There's better out there and that's proper dealer asking price, esp since its 5 door but I know some folk need 5 doors.

willni

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 07:44:53 pm »
Agree with comments above, leather seats I find slippy and sag badly (just my opinion) but they are heated, it's got pretty base spec stereo, no mfsw, mid line dash, miles average I suppose but what is stuck to the roof? Di-Noc Carbon effect wrap? There's better out there and that's proper dealer asking price, esp since its 5 door but I know some folk need 5 doors.

Leather is only slippy if dirty  :wink:

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 08:34:07 pm »
As said - what is the wrap on the roof? The brake calipers look absolutely baked. I think there are much better examples out there. They could have dusted the dials...

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline TeamKHK

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 09:16:16 pm »
Personally for something like a GTI, I wouldn't be looking for one at a dealership and certainly not Evans Halshaw Leicester (heard a lot of bad things about them over the years). I'd be focusing my search on private sellers... Someone who's owned the car for sometime and you'll be able to tell how well it's been cared for & maintained.

This is what I did when I was in search of a GT TDI not long ago and it paid off. The trouble with companies & traders like these who deal with these kind of cars, you just don't know where they've come from.

Is it me or does the ride height look a little low on one side of the rear on that advert?

Liam.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:21:34 pm by TeamKHK »

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 01:47:12 am »
In my opinion, you are paying for too much for that mileage. You should look around and there is cheaper out there! I found a DSG for 6,500 at 65,000 miles with can belt change. Also, there is nothing wrong with DSG, quicker than manual and better throttle response and you have the flappy paddles at palms length which is great  :happy2:. I didn't know they had the DSG in 5Dr as mine is 3Dr.

Always remember with cars, you have to be a little patient and look around before you buy a car. Test drive a few and then decide what your instincts say. That's a very wise tip to take on board that will help you in buying a car in future. Never buy a car based on impulse!

Don't go for red MK5 GTI although I did own a MK3 Golf in Tornado Red in the past but always go for a black DSG model, and 3dr. Leathers are great and heated as bonus  :happy2:

Hope this helps.. All the best buddy!
Rapid Acceleration on a Slippery surface
Sounds like a MK5 GTI 💥👊🏽💯

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 03:59:34 pm »
Just re-reading this post - the dealer is editing the photos too. There is one picture with a roof mounted aerial, and many without. What else does the 'dealer' edit...
IMHO, steer clear of this one.

Edition 30 - no. 1387