Make a donation

Author Topic: Exhaust query  (Read 1836 times)

Offline killarag

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
Exhaust query
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:53:52 pm »
Hello,

Just purchased a 3” Miltek Sportcat & DownPipe

I currently have a FSW (Remus) Non-res Catback Exhaust System on the car but it says it measures a 65mm tube diameter.

Is this likely to couple with the Downpipe or is anyone able link me to something that will allow it to couple with the downpipe?

Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
Re: Exhaust query
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:04:10 pm »
The milltek's are 2.75" diameter which is just under 70mm. It might be ok depending on the outer diameter of the Remus pipe.

I think the cat pipe slide over the centre section pipe, so you might get away with a clamp and some exhaust paste?

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline killarag

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 04:31:03 pm »
Is this likely to have a massive effect on performance compared to a 70mm miltek exhaust?

willni

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 09:24:53 pm »
Is this likely to have a massive effect on performance compared to a 70mm miltek exhaust?

It would have more effect on a remapped car, but essentially yes as it lets the gases from the engine escape quicker. Don't think you'd feel it a power gain unless it was mapped into the ecu though, might have a placebo effect though like go faster stripes  :signLOL:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 07:24:16 pm »
Catbacks aren't big players for power unless you're running a massive turbo which needs a drainpipe front to back.

Stock GTI catback with a 3" downpipe and stock intake makes around 320hp on an Ed30.  From there an intake will take it to 330-340.  After that a 2.75 or 3" exhaust isn't going to give a lot more.....maybe 5-10 at the top end.   Not sure what the yields are with the K03....but since the ED30 shares it's exhaust and intake, it's been shown they're not that restrictive.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D