Make a donation

Author Topic: Super pro adjustable ball joints  (Read 7873 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Super pro adjustable ball joints
« on: October 21, 2017, 01:08:33 am »
Hi guys longtime no post as I've been busy on face crap but would like some input if you will on how much adjustment I will get with adjustable ball joints please?.

Thanks

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
Re: Super pro adjustable ball joints
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 05:50:36 am »
The neg camber outcome will also depend on how much you have lowered your car however I am getting 1.5 degrees with the VWR springs / damper kit.

Offline jhook661

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98678.0.html
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 07:25:00 am »
Hi guys longtime no post as I've been busy on face crap but would like some input if you will on how much adjustment I will get with adjustable ball joints please?.

Thanks
I got around 2 degrees to 2.4 last time I had my tracking done ,I have mine set up at -1.5 for road use.
Modded Golf gti CDL engine TTE420 turbo
Rtech 440bhp 429ftlb

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 08:05:27 am »
The neg camber outcome will also depend on how much you have lowered your car however I am getting 1.5 degrees with the VWR springs / damper kit.

^^^^ This

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 09:05:31 am »

Thanks
I got around 2 degrees to 2.4 last time I had my tracking done ,I have mine set up at -1.5 for road use.

Do you have adjustable top mounts also?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 10:44:24 am »
Cheers guys, just curious how far I can go without prematurely wearing the tyres down would be a great help?.

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 02:16:05 pm »
I’m not sure there is a definitive answer to this question. Obviously the more camber, the more inner edge wear however whether this is premature will also depend on your mileage, how hard you corner, tyre pressures and also your expectations on what wear is acceptable. 

I was recommended to aim for 2-2.25 deg but to expect tramlining and uneven tyre wear, however when the bjs were fitted we could only achieve 1.5 equally on each side. Haven’t done sufficient mileage since then to form a view on how the tyres are wearing but would say that it drives nicely on these settings. Fwiw have also used a small amount of toe out both front and rear.

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 02:36:40 pm »
I only got -1.5 as well superpro bjs anymore I think you need tt alloy arms or adjustable top mounts.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 03:46:06 pm »
I’m not sure there is a definitive answer to this question. Obviously the more camber, the more inner edge wear however whether this is premature will also depend on your mileage, how hard you corner, tyre pressures and also your expectations on what wear is acceptable. 

I was recommended to aim for 2-2.25 deg but to expect tramlining and uneven tyre wear, however when the bjs were fitted we could only achieve 1.5 equally on each side. Haven’t done sufficient mileage since then to form a view on how the tyres are wearing but would say that it drives nicely on these settings. Fwiw have also used a small amount of toe out both front and rear.
Im trying to find a way to keep them ball joints as far away from the discs as possible as the brake set up I tried once fouled the disc and Ball joint so thinking the super pro adjustables will solve this issue.

IMG 2946" border="0
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:48:21 pm by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 03:49:21 pm »
I only got -1.5 as well superpro bjs anymore I think you need tt alloy arms or adjustable top mounts.
I don't want to start buying things and they don't work so why do you say tt alloy arms and what's the difference between them and S3 alloy arms which I have now

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 05:44:17 pm »
Tt arms are wider push the wheels out slightly more give you wider stance.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 06:49:51 pm »

Im trying to find a way to keep them ball joints as far away from the discs as possible as the brake set up I tried once fouled the disc and Ball joint so thinking the super pro adjustables will solve this issue.

IMG 2946" border="0

SP BJs won't solve that I'm afraid.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 09:16:42 pm »
What’s brakes you running mate and disc size.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 12:58:57 am »

[img width= height= alt=IMG 2946" border="0]https://image.ibb.co/jKZ136/IMG_2946.png[/img]

SP BJs won't solve that I'm afraid.
what would you recommend or think will solve this if anything ? Cheers

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 01:03:48 am »
What’s brakes you running mate and disc size.
Atm I'm running Porsche 911 TT brakes with merc 350mm ML discs with nonossuea at all. I'm thinking of getting my revo back which are 356mm floating discs but that's the issue I'm having with BJ's rubbing the discs