Make a donation

Author Topic: Anti roll bar bushes  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Ria73

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Anti roll bar bushes
« on: October 21, 2017, 10:03:23 pm »
Hi Guys hope you can help me again
I ordered front Anti Roll Bar bushes as they were an advisory on my Golf  last year MOT due next month. I was having some work done on the car anyway and had asked if they could be replaced while other work was being done. They told me they couldn't change them and that it had to be the whole anti roll bar that had to be replaced. They said the bushes were not a separate thing, so how come i could buy them separately. Didn't get the work done but can anyone tell me if this is right? Its a 2.0l MK5 Golf GTI

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Anti roll bar bushes
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 01:06:49 am »
They would need to cut the brackets off the roll bar to fit the bushing in.
It can be done but a lot of work in it!!!

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 05:50:54 am »
It can definitely be done, as I have done it, but the ARB needs removing from the car to do so. Once off the car, separate the clamp that holds the bush by drilling the underside of the captive nut, or some cutting, its quite easy and obvious once off the car.... Once done, fit new bush around ARB, refit clamp around the bush, then refit to car. It can be a bit fiddly but if you press the two sides of the clamp together, they should stay together pretty well whilst you get the ARB back in place.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Ria73

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 09:27:15 pm »
Ok, thanks very much for your help, the help i have had on on this forum is much appreciated 😁