Make a donation

Author Topic: Up to 06 heated seats wiring  (Read 1215 times)

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
Up to 06 heated seats wiring
« on: October 22, 2017, 03:45:51 pm »
Hey everyone.

Having bit if an issue with wiring up 06 plate heated seats.

Got the module under both seats, and the loom came with the seats.

Grounded 2 circle connectors
Wired cecm wire
2 permanent live wires
1 ignition wire
3 cables going to heater panel and then I have another cable near the heater panel.

On the car it came off from, this was in pin 20 on the heater panel, but in the car ive fit them into, there's already a wire in pin20 which is a ground

The leftover wire is providing a ground feed, having checked with a voltmeter. Error i get on vcds is short or open to ground. Seems like it needs to go somewhere.

The loom was on a car with the digital climatronic control and now going into a car with the analogue climate control. That's the only difference.

Not sure where this ground cable goes or what needs grounding to complete the circuit.

Anyone had similar issue? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
Re: Up to 06 heated seats wiring
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 11:48:43 pm »
The pin outs of heater panels for climatic and climatronic are different, so the donor car pin 20 may be a different pin on the new car.

Also, there may be a further difference if the car does or doesn't have air con.

I have found this in the workshop manuals for pin outs of climatic heater panel:

http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen/golf-mk5/heating_ventilation_air_conditioning_system/heating_air_conditioning/air_conditioner/air_conditioning_system_with_manual_controls_quot;climaticquot;/connectors_on_controls_for_heating_and_air_conditioning_quot;climaticquot;/pin_assignment_for_multi-pin_connectors_on_back_of_controls_for_heating_and_air_conditioning_quot;climaticquot;/

It shows pin 18 is an earth, does that match what you're seeing on the car?

Or could you try splicing wire spare wire into pin 20 to share the existing ground?

Jas

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 12:39:14 am »
I was thinking of Raz wiring it into another earth pin too. But didn't want to sound silly if he's already tried that  :doh:

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 09:27:05 am »
Spliced it into pin 20 as that's what the guy we got the loom from told us as he has done the same on other cars with same year seats and loom but still getting a short to ground.

Gave up in the end. He did offer us to take a look but hes far from us. Probably leave for now and plan a trip to see him.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 12:36:37 pm »
have you tried splicing it into a different wire