Make a donation

Author Topic: Handing the GTD back to VW issues  (Read 3851 times)

Offline jonk710

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
Handing the GTD back to VW issues
« on: October 24, 2017, 06:52:23 am »
Had my GTD for 3yrs and was pretty bored with it, looked into payments and it was cheaper to hand it back and pay a sum than continue paying it.
Went through the process and got an inspector at the house. I have always looked after my cars and the inspector commented on this as it's in good condition but he picked up a rusty stone chip on the bonnet, he said that's £192 for a bonnet spray and wing blend. I bought touch up paint, did the chip, car got collected and it goes to auction.
I now have a bill from VW for £230 for bonnet repairs. I have no issue paying it but want to see the repair work as I do not believe for a minute that BCA will spend all that time and money to paint a bonnet to auction a car. I'm getting pressed for the cash now but VW have said they cannot produce proof of work or any photos to say the works been done so I am refusing to pay. See what happens next.
Whats your thoughts?

R32
Mk2 16v - Jonk
A6 dog chariot
Rallye under construction

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=gqeilroqsoatniakh30vchos73&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Handing the GTD back to VW issues
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 07:44:31 am »
Surely that comes under ‘normal wear and tear’

I am with you, if that cannot even provide you with an invoice for the work then tell them to jog on

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=gqeilroqsoatniakh30vchos73&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 07:46:53 am »
Apparently not.....

Bodywork

Acceptable - Small areas of chipping. Light scratches up to 25mm in length, relative to the vehicle’s age. Dents up to 10mm providing paint is not broken.

Unaccepable - Stone chips or scratches over 25mm in length that have exposed the bare metal or primer or have rusted. Any impact damage. Multiple dents on a single panel.

Offline jonk710

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 07:52:22 am »
There were bigger stone chips on it but not through to metal which he ignored, any bare metal chips warrants repair.
I understand that and will pay but only when I see proof. If I’d known before the inspection then I’m sure he wouldn’t have even noticed it after I touched it up
R32
Mk2 16v - Jonk
A6 dog chariot

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 08:21:30 am »
Don't pay it.

There's not a chance they gave that a full respray.

They won't let you see the car? On what grounds? What if your wife left her engagement ring in it, you'd be out there straight away. They're delaying you and asking you to cough up.

Offline jonk710

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 11:07:34 am »
Don't pay it.

There's not a chance they gave that a full respray.

Thats my thoughts exactly. I'd be very surprised if they did. Once the car got collected by the auction company VW no longer get involved. I don't think for a second that a car going to auction will recieve a bonnet paint and a both wings blended for a 3mm chip thats barely noticable now it's been touched up.
R32
Mk2 16v - Jonk
A6 dog chariot

Offline jonk710

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 06:09:31 pm »
Got a letter from VW today.
“On this occasion we will waiver the cost” Result!
R32
Mk2 16v - Jonk
A6 dog chariot