Make a donation

Author Topic: Getting my 2006 mk5 gti back to full health  (Read 2395 times)

Offline ballcrusher

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Work in progress
    • incar science
    • Email
Getting my 2006 mk5 gti back to full health
« on: October 24, 2017, 01:42:33 pm »
hi everyone been a member for a while and this my first post.
so my 2006 mk5 gti thats been left sitting for 9months deteriorating parked in the corner at home so yes not the best thing to do but now i have time to get it back to full health.so new plugs as it wouldn't start and the once over and a good clean lol just got a set of bbs reps 19s very cheep plus a set of apex springs 30mill drop only managed to get the rears on today so its getting full service plus cam follower next weekend also getting all the crap from under the car surface rust sorted and maybe a few bushes ...mods coming next full 3 inch decat straight threw system with custom rear box.. mapped...induction..upgraded audio and the list goes on and a full respray jan next year
any advice welcome

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:54:06 pm by ballcrusher »

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Re: Getting my 2006 mk5 gti back to full health
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 02:03:53 pm »
The list looks good.

Don't forget your diverter valve and pcv if you're going for more power.

Offline ballcrusher

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Work in progress
    • incar science
    • Email
Re: Getting my 2006 mk5 gti back to full health
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 12:48:46 am »
There in the pipeline mate when I get it painted I'm thinking about getting the the gray plastics outside done in piano black the same as the wheels when they get refurbished but I want something different as I no the purist like the standard clear look but I may change my mind but i use to have 2001 S3 that I spent loads on it went to all the meets and bag shows but that was a few years back but looking to do it all again lol 45 but still feel like a spring chicken haha so next year I'll have a summer with it then decide weather I'm going for big turbo and so on but will keep you posted when things happen.
my old S3

My Top Videos:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:16:55 pm by ballcrusher »