Make a donation

Author Topic: Boost not meeting requested, graph inside  (Read 16760 times)

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Boost not meeting requested, graph inside
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2017, 04:52:19 pm »
6 psi!  I wouldn't get out of bed for that!  I assume that is map 1, the 'stock like' map?  Even stock pulls 10psi minimum, so that's odd.

I'm losing track of all this.  In your other thread it seemed like you were getting there with the boost targeting and the graphs were looking good?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 104
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2017, 05:06:48 pm »
Yeah the 6psi was crazily slow  :grin:

So yeah it’s all got a bit muddled with different graphs, these are bumped from inside this thread as I’m trying to tidy up the graphs a bit now I can sort rpm out.

but yes we are getting somewhere, once I have the preload wound off a bit tonight, I’ll get some nice new graphs loaded  :happy2:

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2017, 09:16:32 pm »
MAP 5

MAP 3

MAP 1

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:50:14 pm by v4rley »

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2017, 09:18:23 pm »
MAP 5

Logged map 5 to show fuel pressure

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:47:39 pm by v4rley »

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2017, 09:53:30 pm »
@Dan_FR  @Pudding
These are back to back runs all 4th gear

Ok, so do you think I should tweak the preload to achieve nearer 22psi peak on map 5?
Fuel pressure is still peaking high but this I guess is down to the RS4 valve.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:21:10 pm by v4rley »

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2017, 07:36:21 am »
Question is:

Do you want to get it set up perfectly for the current map as it is now with a flat 100% Dc, or get it set up to what will be ideal for when you go back?

For now, I think maybe you've gone a little bit too far back, but you're certainly not far away. Before going back to R-Tech I'd be either finding a new actuator or whacking on another turn or so of preload so you have all the boost available you could need, and Niki can manage the low RPM boost spike by fettling the N75 map for the higher map settings
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2017, 08:11:49 am »
I didn't go back to page 2 when I last posted, but I still see it isn't fixed yet.
I just recently helped another having his WGDC remain at full capacity. He made adjustments adding preload and he too got close. But, I asked him to check his PCV and all its tubing as well. He found that his rear breather tube wasn't completely tightened to the turbo inlet. Once he fixed that, he had to lessen the preload again and the WGDC returned to normal operation. I may have said all of this before, but going to repeat myself if so.

It may be a good idea to check the PCV(if running one) and all the connections from the intake manifold to the turbo. If nothing is found there...give the boost plumbing another going over and inspect all its connections. DV is good I assume? I do not think you have a bad N75 or connections to and from it. It seems more related to an improper connection somewhere.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2017, 09:50:53 am »
I was thinking a thorough check over of the boost plumbing wouldn't go amiss too.  The boost pipe O rings are an old favourite for bleeding off boost when worn.

That fuel rail spike is weird on map 5.  I don't think that is the cause of the spike but something is forcing it to exceed it's 136 bar crack pressure, it relives the rail pressure then tries to go back up there again before the limiter kicks in, which seems to correspond with the momentary lean off on the lambda past 6000.  Odd.

There's still a lot of ignition retard going on, even on map 1, which shouldn't be there at this time of year!

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2017, 10:35:14 am »
Thanks guys.

@Dan_FR I was thinking to get it to peak around 22psi on map 5 so it is reaching its full potential them maybe running the car on map 4 until I was to revisit niki. So will add a bit of preload tonight

@ROH ECHT did wonder where you had got to. I will double check the pcv, everything was check at the time of mapping so confident they gave everything a good check and there hasn’t be deterioration since, but I will check this all again, assuming it can only be physically checked as not sure on pressure testing methods.

@Pudding as above all plumbing was checked at rtech and again since my return, I will take another look to confirm.

Don’t really get the fuel issue, does this present a problem?

Any thing to investigate/ inspect for the ignition retard ?

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2017, 10:48:37 am »
The Map 1 log above is fine, the timing pull shown is part throttle no load when the engine is running maximum timing for fuel efficiency. As soon as you hit boost it disappears. No concern here at all

The fuel spike is explained if you are DSG - Its normal with an R-Tech map when approaching a gearshift, has been explained before.

The only difference between map 3 and 5 is the N75 map controlling turbo pressure - everything else including the timing requests are the same. The Map 3 log above with shed loads of preload is seeing the boost and airflow levels we are aiming for in Map 5 so the level of correction and timing pull isn't a concern in my mind.

TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2017, 10:58:49 am »
Thanks Dan. I will sort out some more preload tonight and general inspection of pipework.

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2017, 01:51:09 pm »
Maybe K03s are different but my K04 doesn't retard the ignition at all outside of the base timing map.   And there is load at 1500rpm.  If I floor it at 1500 in mine, manifold pressure shoots right up.  Low vehicle speed and high load = a high probability of detonation, it's nothing to do with 'efficiency'.

Seems strange to request more rail pressure than the stock FRPV can handle, but what evs......if that's an R-Tech/DSG thing, fair enough.

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2017, 10:06:34 pm »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:13:30 pm by v4rley »

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2017, 11:51:13 am »
Those ones look a bit etcha-sketch!

Do R-Tech keep copies of customer's maps on their computer?  If they do, I'd be tempted to get it flashed back to stock and repeat the tests, personally......just to outrule any hardware shenanigans.   Flashed back to stock properly, as in at a dealer with their ODIS interface.  Wipe the slate clean.  The 'stock' maps tuners user aren't stock at all, but some low boost variation of it......probably pulled off a website like NefMofo.

If you still see the same issues, you need to sort them before getting R-Tech to bung the map back on.    I think at the moment there's a lot of variables and reverting back to stock removes the software element out of the troubleshooting.

Having said that, things aren't looking horrendous by any means.  Just more timing pull than usual and boost a little shy of requested.

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2017, 11:55:01 am »
The second and third go wonky at the end due to loss of traction as was raining. Perhaps I should message Niki and get his opinion.