Make a donation

Author Topic: Candy white edition 30 big future spec!  (Read 8434 times)

Offline Manny_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Candy white edition 30 big future spec!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 02:43:32 pm »
Good to see another Ed30 in the midlands. Few going around Coventry, mine included!

Plans sound good for it too bro, similar to what I have planned for mine. Don't forget to maintain it though, check the common issues on it before you push more power through it!

By the sounds off it you'll have it ready by the time the weekly VAG meet starts back up on these sides - Not that I go often, cus my car needs some loving cosmetically.

Stealth Racing Stage 2+ Tornado Red 5dr DSG Edition 30
Mk2 Oak Green 16v -> 1.8T - Still Sleeping..

Offline ello

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 06:28:16 pm »
Surely the cars not worth much more than 5k? Why not put that 5k onto the price off the car and buy something better?  :thinking:

It's worth at least 8+9k at its currrnt condition and spec, you only live once, I want to enjoy it, my aim is to enjoy it for a year and make it one of the best if not the best mk5 in the country.

Mk5's are still popular and will be for a very long time next year I can easily make my money back from the mods if I don't achieve what I want for the car selling it as a whole.

You don't have to justify your purchases to anyone mate  :happy2:   It's your money, what ever makes you happy  :smiley:   People think I'm mad for spending £2.2K on coilovers  :grin:

Thing is though, I'm surprised VW sold you complete seats.  I was prepared to buy a pair of Edition 30 front seats from them for mine, but they told me they don't sell complete seats.......only bits of them which you have to assemble yourself!

I know mate nice one! I had the KW DDC Coilovers on my mind but I feel they are bit of an overkill and whilst I want the very best for the car I'm only
going to get the performance parts that I feel I will get the best value out of so relentless Coilovers will do for me.

Not offended by anyones comments to simply spend 5k on seats is bonkers anyway but you only live once and the car may well go next year so I want to enjoy it and make as many memories as possible..I don't drink or smoke, hardly go out so my car is my entertainment :P

And yeah, I believe it's the case with main manufacturers I know with Audi back in the days when the old rs4 seats were like hotcakes to order them in and for them to assemble you were looking at about 18k!!! Surprised they don't have seats already assembled, at least a couple dozen pairs you would of thought.

That's a shame about you wanting front edition 30 seats as I sold my absolutely mint ones for about £250, looking back I think I sold them way to cheap!

Offline ello

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 06:34:37 pm »
Good to see another Ed30 in the midlands. Few going around Coventry, mine included!

Plans sound good for it too bro, similar to what I have planned for mine. Don't forget to maintain it though, check the common issues on it before you push more power through it!

By the sounds off it you'll have it ready by the time the weekly VAG meet starts back up on these sides - Not that I go often, cus my car needs some loving cosmetically.

Hey mate, bang on the money there with the amount of edition 30's I have seen kicking about the Midlands, quite common around the area where I live actually.

I'm not going to do anything to the car until the new year, just regularly maintenance, she's in good health but not in the prestine condition I want her to be, little things like wheels need refurbing and sorting out the body work, so I can get her ceramic coated.

Yes I will love to attend as many meets as possible in the new year indeed but I will only feel happy to bring her when she's at her finest lol.

Hope to catch you at meet in the new year sometimes perhaps, do you have a build thread for yours mate?!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 07:17:57 pm »
tbe  ceramic coating is worth every penny as mine was done with igl coating

Offline ello

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 08:01:35 pm »
tbe  ceramic coating is worth every penny as mine was done with igl coating

Yeah can't wait when it's applied will look mint, just searching for the very best in the Midlands to do it. I would of gone to miglior detailing if it wasn't so far away :P

Offline Kai96

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 09:36:03 pm »
Looks like your local to me I'll keep a eye out for you !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Manny_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 10:49:40 am »

Hey mate, bang on the money there with the amount of edition 30's I have seen kicking about the Midlands, quite common around the area where I live actually.

I'm not going to do anything to the car until the new year, just regularly maintenance, she's in good health but not in the prestine condition I want her to be, little things like wheels need refurbing and sorting out the body work, so I can get her ceramic coated.

Yes I will love to attend as many meets as possible in the new year indeed but I will only feel happy to bring her when she's at her finest lol.

Hope to catch you at meet in the new year sometimes perhaps, do you have a build thread for yours mate?!

Yeah, I've seen a few in Birmingham when I've been up them ways!

Yeah exactly, there are a few places that do tyre off refurb at a really good price, based in the midlands.. you might wanna search for them?

Sounds good, the meet down in cov isn't all bad although it was better a few years back...but the turn out gets better each week as the weather improves over the summer. No build thread unfortunately, like yours mine has the S3 brakes! 
Stealth Racing Stage 2+ Tornado Red 5dr DSG Edition 30
Mk2 Oak Green 16v -> 1.8T - Still Sleeping..

Offline ello

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 04:36:00 pm »

Yeah, I've seen a few in Birmingham when I've been up them ways!

Yeah exactly, there are a few places that do tyre off refurb at a really good price, based in the midlands.. you might wanna search for them?

Sounds good, the meet down in cov isn't all bad although it was better a few years back...but the turn out gets better each week as the weather improves over the summer. No build thread unfortunately, like yours mine has the S3 brakes!

Yeah I've got a refurb place lined up, it's called City Powder Coaters who are based in Digbeth, they do a good job tbf!

The aim is to go to a few meets but tbh I'm not really into car meets imo and it's simply due to the asbo/chavness that goes on in a lot of them but I certainly will attend a few! Not sure if you heard of Motorheadz, that was popular with a lot of cov car folks before the police clamped down big time.

Offline ello

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 07:32:08 pm »
Not much of an update but the put the ball rolling in regards to the car.

Scirocco r20 clocks
GTI clubsport seatbelts
BCS WRC exhaust
Carbon interior installed
Doorcards retrimmed
Arm rest, gear shift knob and handbreak retrimmed
Revo Intake with r-tech head shield

Here's some of the pics of the items that should be installed in the next two weeks

Probably try and get booked into r-tec in Jan for stage 2+ map and over run.
Need to source my intercooler to complete stage 2+

Offline golfmck1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 09:44:43 pm »
Ohhh man those clocks are amazing  :laugh:
Edition 30 num 859

Offline ello

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 08:32:01 pm »
Recently changed my inlays, they look the bits!

Offline ello

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 01:06:00 am »
I've just added the retrimmed doorcards.

Loving the new look. Heard the bcs wrc exhaust also today. JUST WOW!

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 01:58:56 pm »
Stunning mate  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline Raj2212

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 75
  • -Receive: 20
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,115142.0.html
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2017, 09:00:45 pm »
Wow. What a spec. So jealous of your seats  :happy2: loving the interior.