Make a donation

Author Topic: Mac / iTunes experts?  (Read 1656 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Mac / iTunes experts?
« on: November 02, 2017, 03:15:55 pm »
Any Crapple Mac / iPrunes gurus onboard?

Is it possible to copy an entire music library stored on hard disk, up to an icloud account?

There doesn't seem to be any backup options relating to music in the icloud settings.   Just crap like email, notes and contacts etc.

I have a lot of old crappy music ripped from CDs, tapes and vinyl which isn't on any music in the cloud provider, which I need to hang onto.   

Cheers!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=spig1uquvfdub3rsgirf9nskd0&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Mac / iTunes experts?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 04:32:03 pm »
Drop box... drag and drop your entire folder (where ever that is)

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 08:33:15 pm »
Are you doing this from a Mac?? If so you should have an iCloud Drive link on the right hand side when you open up Finder. Failing that login via a browser to iCloud.com, select iCloud and drag and drop. Couldn't be simpler.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 09:39:50 am »
@shaunK Yes mate.  I have a Mac Mini hooked up to an 8TB external Thunderbolt disk.   The disk has started randomly dropping out (Improper dismounting error messages) so I'm worried I'm going to lose all my tunes. 

I can't say I've noticed either of the things you've mentioned, but I will have another look tonight.  Ideally I want to copy the entire /iTunes/music folder and subfolder structure up to icloud.

Out of interest, are you running OSX High Sierra?  You noticed many bugs?   Since putting that on, I can't disable the IR receiver anymore, so when I operate the AppleTV with the remote, it keeps loading iTunes on the Mac and playing songs.  Annoying!!

Cheers Rich, I might go with that if I can't get this to work......or my BT account has a bunch of storage too.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:41:59 am by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 09:50:08 am »
I’ve been running High Sierra on my MacBook Pro since it was realeased can’t say I’ve noticed anything not working or any bugs. Saying that he thing has been pretty much faultless since I bought it 4 years ago now