Make a donation

Author Topic: Josh’s Pirelli edition  (Read 25446 times)

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 4
Josh’s Pirelli edition
« on: November 04, 2017, 02:46:30 pm »
Hi all

Just saying hi and introducing myself and my car/family

Bought this little Pirelli edition from a forum member ( flashp) so all credit to him , as he’s spent a small fortune on quality mods and proper maintenance  from Jkm . Many moons ago I had a ibiza cupra r and Jkm done all the mods /maintenance for me , so seeing as they looked after this car was a big factor in the purchase .

The car has a great list of mods
Bilstein b12 kit
Eibach arb’s
Wavetrack lsd
S3 brakes front and rear
Whiteline anti lift kit
ttrs wishbones
Full milltek exhaust
Revo dsg map
Revo remap
And some other bits and bobs

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Josh’s Pirelli edition
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 02:55:26 pm »
Already made a few changes to it .

Had a revo induction kit put on ( had one in originally but previous owner sold it before I could ) and a map tweek by Jkm.

Also while it was there had new engine mounts fitted and a main thermostat ,as I noticed the water temp was not getting up as it should .

Had the cam follower checked over and a general look over from the good chaps at Jkm as well .

Fitted a set of bbs Wheels ( same as the edition 30’s just slightly lower offset)

A new Kenwood/vw specific head unit

Milltek non res section

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 03:05:42 pm »
Also bought a tts engine cover as you can see  :happy2:

Just a bit of car history . Always been into my cars and playing around with them.

My first car was a polo gt coupe ,which I put a g40 lump in and had all tuned up by jabbasport . After that had a few gti-6s , Ibiza cupra r , Fiat coupe 20vt, s2000,clio 172 cup, 2 350z’s , m3

A couple of pics from the lasts cars I had

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 03:39:29 pm by Bodyboarder81 »

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 03:16:38 pm »
I bought another Honda S2000 about a year ago and came across a beauty ...

12 Honda stamps ,3 owners ,26k on the clock and in pretty good condition. Had the car paint corrected and ceramic coated straight away . Then made a few small changes . Put a set of ohlins suspension on , AP racing BBK , Wheels along with some ad08r’s which really transformed the car . Had a few bits done in alcantara in the interior as well . Absolutely loved the summer in the car and done a couple of track days which the car was faultless........

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 03:27:06 pm »
.....then I was getting itchy feet .... always wanted a Porsche .. the time was right ,had a healthy budget for either a cayman 981 s or 997.2 s..... test drove some , almost pulled the trigger but I would have to sell the S2k to afford it ... in the end I just couldn’t let the S2k go !

I really do love it , just such a good affordable, fun, reliable,honest sports car . With the right amount of power to really be able to thrash it and not get into too much trouble .

So decided to garage the S2k and look for something fun to go along side it . We have a family car and I have a work van , so didn’t really need anything too practical. I did however want 4 seats so I could take the kids if needed .

Decided on a hot hatch as they are fun , cheap and practical..... short list was clio 200 Rs , golf gti ,r32,s3,

Obviously ended up with the Pirelli  :laugh:

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 03:33:59 pm »
This is me and my family..... just so you know who’s tapping away on this thread  :ashamed:

Been with my wife since we were 16 and we have 2 boys Theo 6 and sonny 1 now ... so that’s why I look so tired  :rolleye:

I’m a Tree surgeon and my wife is a garden designer

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 03:37:11 pm »
Not got huge plans for the golf as flashp has done most of it for me !

I’ll end up getting a Loba/apr fuel pump and a set of ohlins I suspect . Mainly just keep it in tip top condition and enjoy  :driver:

Offline Kai96

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 04:32:38 pm »
Welcome to the forum !!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline ello

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 04:29:34 pm »
Lovely car mate.

I noticed stuff like an updated fuel pump was already on the car but it was up for sale with some of the mods still attached at lower price or with all the mods slightly higher, did you come across the car when you had the opportunity to decide either?
Still a great spec mind!

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 04:44:03 pm »
Lovely car mate.

I noticed stuff like an updated fuel pump was already on the car but it was up for sale with some of the mods still attached at lower price or with all the mods slightly higher, did you come across the car when you had the opportunity to decide either?
Still a great spec mind!

I did see it for sale when it had all the bits and bobs on at around 13.5 I think . I just didn’t really entertain it at that price and the AP racing BBK and Wheels didn’t really interest me as I already had a car that was track ready . I New the golf was never going to see a track in my ownership so was a bit overkill ..... but once it came down to what I was happy with ( paid £10500 ) with most of the good stuff ( and all the stuff I would want to do to make it a good road car ) still on the car it made sense . If I’d bought a good standard edition 30/Pirelli for say for 8-9 k with the same sort of miles ( 55k ) I would have spent way more than 2-3k on getting it to this cars spec ..... the lsd alone was nearly £1800 fitted !!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:48:36 pm by Bodyboarder81 »

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 04:58:43 pm »
Done a few bits today while I had 5 minutes to myself

Fitted these little led puddle light ... loads better . Just the interior ones to do now

Mk6 GTI front badge along with pressed plates

Then these little add ons , which I backed with some yellow tape to tie in with stitching

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 05:40:23 pm »
Looks really good!

I see your in Southampton, from your for sales? I'm in Totton, so I'll keep an eye out for you if you are!
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 05:41:18 pm »
Lovely motor. Great buy. Nice collection or previous cars. A big fan of the Honda  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 06:31:41 pm »
Looks really good!

I see your in Southampton, from your for sales? I'm in Totton, so I'll keep an eye out for you if you are!

Also in good old totton  :happy2:

Love the ed 30’s in red ...yep I’ll keep an eye out . If you see me in the S2k or golf send us a wave  :drinking:

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 06:38:49 pm »
Lovely motor. Great buy. Nice collection or previous cars. A big fan of the Honda  :happy2:

Thanks dude  :happy2:

Yes the S2k’s are a very special little cars . I urge anyone who hasn’t driven /owned one to do so , as for fun factor and handling they blow the golf ( well mine anyway ) out the water ..... it’s strange , the golf I have is very well setup and is way faster down pretty much any road compared to the S2k but somehow the Honda just feel better /right .... flame suit at the ready  :signLOL: