Make a donation

Author Topic: Josh’s Pirelli edition  (Read 25778 times)

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Josh’s Pirelli edition
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2018, 08:03:28 pm »
Great to see you kept the Pirelli Josh :) Some tasty looking stuff you have to be fitted - looking forward to seeing what happens.

Interesting to see your thoughts on the Ohlins vs Vogtland, i expect them to be quite a bit better!!

Molesy  :happy2:

Thanks man :happy2:

Can’t wait to get the ohlins fitted .... but still impressed by the vogtland to be fair . For the money an absolutely brilliant ride quality!

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2018, 08:06:10 pm »
Mmmmm, goodies  :happy2:

Those APs would probably work well on the Golf.   I like the subtle grey caliper colour too.  Not into all that bright green 8 pot Lambo caliper scene stuff.  Discrete means business without shouting about it  :happy2:

I want to say I’m the same .... but I do like a bit of bling  :ashamed:

Just have to be realistic of what the cars going to be . No point in having mahoosive brakes for the road really . The calipers will actually be black with yellow writing, still very subtle  :happy2:

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2018, 07:23:16 am »
You'll notice when you reduce the weight on the wheels. I was able to notice a difference when I fitted alloy front arms which saved me 2 kg per side. :happy2:

I thought I felt a difference also when my alloy arms were fitted however after rationalising that there is probably @50kg of unsprung weight per side I did wonder if it was in my mind?!?Anyhow, a couple of kg each on arms, then hubs, then wheels, then brakes all adds up nicely especially if it is also rotational mass.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2018, 10:32:41 am »
Yeah it's the reduced rotational mass I notice the most with light wheels.   The 2 front wheels are essentially huge flywheels the gearbox has to spin up.   Years ago when I was wheel weight obsessed, I noticed Continental Sport Contacts were a fair bit lighter than their competitors.  Nobody considers tyre weight when factoring in unsprung mass reductions  :happy2:

Another thing with tyres is their true running.  Cheaper brands tend to be slightly egg shaped and cause balancing issues, but again, I've always found Contisports to run the truest!

Get those Ohlins on already!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2018, 04:48:53 pm »
Will be on the car next Friday  :drool:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2018, 11:53:35 am »
Agree, it's more noticeable when you reduce the weight of the wheels and brake discs than of the control arms. :smiley:

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2018, 12:38:52 pm »
I would have gone for some light weight Wheels as well .. but wanted to try and keep the car oem+ if I can .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:28:35 pm by Bodyboarder81 »

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2018, 03:49:46 pm »
For sale !  :happy2:

Think you’ll struggle to find a nicer one with sensible miles , impeccable service history and top quality mods . A true bargain for what it does  :smiley:

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2018, 02:18:45 pm »
Car has gone now .... little sad to see such a mint car drive off  :confused:

But I’ve actually made contact with the owner of my old m3 , and he’s selling due to buying a 1M ... so going to take a look . Not tried a TTRS yet but going from all the reviews I’m not sure it’s going to be the right car for me anyway .

Want to say a big thank you to a few members on here who are very helpful and an asset to the forum with their knowledge and happy to help nature ,  very much appreciated  :happy2:

I’ll update this thread in which way I go , incase anyone’s interested  :drinking:

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2018, 08:18:35 pm »
In case anyone is interested I ended up getting a Bmw z4m coupe .... :happy2:

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2018, 08:56:39 pm »
Good to hear you're still on here,
I saw your Pirelli once at JKM when mine was having Revo Stage 1 applied - looked a mint car - I think it was under the previous ownership though. Looked great with the Oz's, Alcon's...
How come you've gone for another RWD coupe - I'd have thought the S2000 would be more than enough of a handful?

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2018, 10:09:41 am »
Good to hear you're still on here,
I saw your Pirelli once at JKM when mine was having Revo Stage 1 applied - looked a mint car - I think it was under the previous ownership though. Looked great with the Oz's, Alcon's...
How come you've gone for another RWD coupe - I'd have thought the S2000 would be more than enough of a handful?

Yes the Pirelli was a cracking car ... and for the money a really capable hot hatch. I just like front engine rear wheels drive n/a cars I guess !!

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2021, 09:02:59 pm »
Holy thread revival !!  :rolleye:

Just updating this in the hope that someone with a nice mk7 clubsport is looking to sell ! After having a few different cars after the mk5 Pirelli, I’m looking into getting a clubsport for the family  :driver:

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2021, 09:04:10 pm »

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2021, 09:08:36 pm »
After selling the Porsche about a year a go ended up getting a fiesta st … which I’ve loved  for nearly 2 years now ! A T6 transporter , which I’ve kitted out with some wheels , suspension, stereo etc , again had that over 2 years now ( how time flys !!) we love this van , so useful and done a few camping trips away in it . Last but not least a lotus Elise . Had that a year now and it’s an amazing car … but only managed 1200 miles in it !