Make a donation

Author Topic: Josh’s Pirelli edition  (Read 25462 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Josh’s Pirelli edition
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2018, 05:35:41 pm »
Love S2000s  :drinking:   If I hadn't invested so much time and energy into my Golf, an S2000 turbo would be high up my list of other projects.

I know you already have Ohlins on the S2000 but I look forward to your opinion of them on the Golf  :happy2:   I bloody love them!

Don't worry about brakes until you've got the Ohlins on because the dive behaviour (slow speed compression) might be different.

.... but I want to spend some more money  :signLOL:

Yes can’t  wait to get them on  :ashamed:

The USA has great support for a turbo conversion but over here only a few have done it , at great cost and much headache ! And for me I like the linear power delivery . I’m looking into the TTS rotrex supercharger kit . Still best part of 8k if done correctly  :doh:

Fancy buying a TTE420 for your Pirelli then?  :grin:

Yeah I've watched quite a few of LHT Performance's Kraftwerks kit installs, looks like a good mod  :happy2:   Maybe do a UK install video with their endorsement, and get some kick backs if you spread the word?  :smiley:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2018, 05:42:44 pm »
Don't worry about brakes until you've got the Ohlins on because the dive behaviour (slow speed compression) might be different.

That is exactly what I've felt when changing from my 5 year old B16s to ASTs, Pud. The nose dive behavior is greatly reduced and I'm beginning to feel that the rear brakes are finally doing something :D ...but I'm still reserved until the first trackday.

So unless you really won't to spend the money, just wait until the awesome Ohlins are on.  :wink:

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2018, 06:07:57 pm »
Love S2000s  :drinking:   If I hadn't invested so much time and energy into my Golf, an S2000 turbo would be high up my list of other projects.

I know you already have Ohlins on the S2000 but I look forward to your opinion of them on the Golf  :happy2:   I bloody love them!

The USA has great support for a turbo conversion but over here only a few have done it , at great cost and much headache ! And for me I like the linear power delivery . I’m looking into the TTS rotrex supercharger kit . Still best part of 8k if done correctly  :doh:

Yeah I've watched quite a few of LHT Performance's Kraftwerks kit installs, looks like a good mod  :happy2:   Maybe do a UK install video with their endorsement, and get some kick backs if you spread the word?  :smiley:

Love the LHT videos ! Proper car guys , and great skills . I personally wouldn’t attempt a diy on the supercharger install .... I use Tgm who are very well respected in the Honda world . ..... if my S2k was not such low mileage ( 27k) I’d be more inclined to go crazy with it . But can’t help thinking I’m Being stupid molesting what is up there with the very best n/a engines made ( IMO)

420 kits not for me .... think I’ve even decided not to go + on my stage 2 . 320 is a great power figure for a small hot hatch ... and with the diff , arbs and soon the ohlins , I can use all the horses in every gear in most situations.

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2018, 06:16:26 pm »
Is your friend local? The I ran past a red/orange 720s parked up in Ashurst a few weeks back
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2018, 06:18:13 pm »
Yes , lives over in woodlands  :happy2:

I expect you’ll never see him out and about in either the spyder/gt4 ... they don’t have 1000miles on them .... between them !! What a waste . I’m hoping one day he’ll sell me the gt4 .... he’ll have to be in a very generous mood for me to be a able to afford it  :ashamed:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 06:29:53 pm by Bodyboarder81 »

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2018, 09:00:40 pm »

Love the LHT videos ! Proper car guys , and great skills . I personally wouldn’t attempt a diy on the supercharger install .... I use Tgm who are very well respected in the Honda world . ..... if my S2k was not such low mileage ( 27k) I’d be more inclined to go crazy with it . But can’t help thinking I’m Being stupid molesting what is up there with the very best n/a engines made ( IMO)

420 kits not for me .... think I’ve even decided not to go + on my stage 2 . 320 is a great power figure for a small hot hatch ... and with the diff , arbs and soon the ohlins , I can use all the horses in every gear in most situations.

That's fair enough mate, totally understand  :happy2:  Some cars are best enjoyed as they are.  Honda did a fantastic job of the S2000 imo.  Great styling, great engine and great handling. 

Yeah Stage 2 is a great stopping point on the ED30.  Plenty of poke.  The chassis is where it's at.  I still think the MK5 is hard to beat.  The MK7 is just so numb.  Capable, but boring.  Too inert and lifeless.

Offline Raj2212

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 75
  • -Receive: 20
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,115142.0.html
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2018, 09:27:07 am »
Probably the best looking Pirelli I've seen. Nice mods you've got on here  :happy2:

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2018, 03:49:31 pm »
Parts have started to arrive now .... ohlins are in , new graphite bbs VZ Wheels are here ( as I was selling the car I removed the silver bbs Wheels and promised them to someone . I then changed my mind about selling the car but because I’m decent let the chap have  the Wheels still !)

Picking up new top mounts and parts needed from seat tomorrow ( double checked with the part numbers I have for the TT top mounts and seat do them as well ) seat are closer to me than Audi ... so hopefully they are the same !?

Got some millers oil , and for the S2k a back yard special lower seat rail from Japan . Orders this about 4 weeks ago and was told it’s a 2-4 month wait . Another one came up for sale , so bought it ..... to be sent an email a week later saying my one would be with me from Japan in a few days !!  :doh:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 04:02:42 pm by Bodyboarder81 »

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2018, 03:54:27 pm »

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2018, 03:59:46 pm »
Also test fitted the bbs over the 330mm ap racing kit I have on the s2k.. although not a massive brake kit . This is realistically a road car so should be  a step up over the r32 setup that I have at the moment . I know the general thought is that getting the unsprung weight down is more benificial on a track car than road , but I’m a firm believer that it makes quite a difference on a bumpy B road , as the suspension doesn’t have to work as hard to gain traction/composure . The 4 pot ap set up saves me a massive 9kg per side ! Not ordered it yet as I want to get the suspension set up properly and then do the brakes
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 04:05:09 pm by Bodyboarder81 »

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2018, 04:01:21 pm »

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2018, 11:39:02 pm »
You'll notice when you reduce the weight on the wheels. I was able to notice a difference when I fitted alloy front arms which saved me 2 kg per side. :happy2:

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2018, 07:42:35 pm »
Great to see you kept the Pirelli Josh :) Some tasty looking stuff you have to be fitted - looking forward to seeing what happens.

Interesting to see your thoughts on the Ohlins vs Vogtland, i expect them to be quite a bit better!!

Molesy  :happy2:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2018, 07:46:24 pm »
Mmmmm, goodies  :happy2:

Those APs would probably work well on the Golf.   I like the subtle grey caliper colour too.  Not into all that bright green 8 pot Lambo caliper scene stuff.  Discrete means business without shouting about it  :happy2:

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2018, 07:56:52 pm »
Mmmmm, goodies  :happy2:

Those APs would probably work well on the Golf.   I like the subtle grey caliper colour too.  Not into all that bright green 8 pot Lambo caliper scene stuff.  Discrete means business without shouting about it  :happy2:

Agreed Pudding, not into the flashy stuff myself, always like cars modified to be OEM on the outside and OEM+++ on the inside.

Molesy  :happy2: