Make a donation

Author Topic: New Motor....  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
New Motor....
« on: November 05, 2017, 10:01:32 pm »
Evening all,

Me and the mrs are now finally settled im our new house and money is a little more free that it has been previously. We sold her A3 around 12months ago and been using the R between us since.
Anywaysss... We drove a black 11 plate 2.0tsi Scirocco GT with 97k @ £6495 with FSH today which was solid and good to drive until i felt the clutch slipping in 3rd. Ive asked the garage to take a look before i even consider buying it. Were off to a garage in Bolton tomorrow to drive an 09 plate rising blue 2.0 tdi GT with 102k @ £5995. Just had clutch and flywheel done with FSH. Both are models that i have little knowledge in. Does anybody have any info, guidance or tips that i should be aware of when buying? I get that im not buying a new car and theyll not be perfect. But a little pre knowledge is always useful.

Thanks in advance

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: New Motor....
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 10:04:32 am »
Standard companion for me when I view VAG cars is my laptop.   If the garage / seller have something to hide and won't let you scan it, walk away.

The engine and bodywork are standard stuff and the usual checks and gut instinct feelings apply.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D