Make a donation

Author Topic: Inlet carbon clean  (Read 6950 times)

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Inlet carbon clean
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 11:48:41 am »
Regular boosting and heat helps with these engines.

Yep, 350+ is indeed awesome, but irritating this time of year with excessive wheelspin.  The power delivery is not as smooth as Stage 1 either with necessary dips in boost onset to avoid KO4 surge. Call be boring / hard to please, but the jump from 1 to 2+ isn't spectacular enough to justify the piston ringlands ticking time bomb, or the expense of getting there.  So I'm rolling back to Stage 1 in the spring  :smiley:    310/330 torque is the sweet spot imo for KO4 engines.   2+ makes the engine feel fragile, and that's born out on the facebook group by over tuned engines smashing themselves to bits.

So what your saying is ... I shouldn’t go stage 2+ ... just stick with stage 2 spend on other areas ?

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 07:31:09 am »
I would be surprised if anyone has regretted fitting an upgraded pump. Even on stage 1 k03 without any pump pressure specific mapping, my car pulls stronger and more smoothly in the midrange after the VIS pump was fitted. 

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 09:41:37 am »
Regular boosting and heat helps with these engines.

Yep, 350+ is indeed awesome, but irritating this time of year with excessive wheelspin.  The power delivery is not as smooth as Stage 1 either with necessary dips in boost onset to avoid KO4 surge. Call be boring / hard to please, but the jump from 1 to 2+ isn't spectacular enough to justify the piston ringlands ticking time bomb, or the expense of getting there.  So I'm rolling back to Stage 1 in the spring  :smiley:    310/330 torque is the sweet spot imo for KO4 engines.   2+ makes the engine feel fragile, and that's born out on the facebook group by over tuned engines smashing themselves to bits.

So what your saying is ... I shouldn’t go stage 2+ ... just stick with stage 2 spend on other areas ?

It's up to you mate.  I didn't really notice a big difference between 2+ and lower stages of tune. 

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D