Author Topic: Stage2+ worry it ?  (Read 130 times)

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 0
Stage2+ worry it ?
« on: November 13, 2017, 06:58:00 PM »
Hi all ,

Looking into the Loba fuel pump and the REVO Stage 2+ for my car . I already have the stage 2 and find it very good and pretty powerful.... is the extra cost for the + worth it ? Any draw backs at all ?

Thanks

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 149
  • wait...what?
    • Email
Re: Stage2+ worry it ?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 07:22:10 PM »
Its not the huge increase you get from Stage 1, but sub 4k rpm performance is a big improvement, the car is eager and responsive. I currently have a LOBA and Revo 2+ and have been for 3 years now... Car been on Revo software for the last 9 years (since new near enough)
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Pudding

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 251
Re: Stage2+ worry it ?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 10:45:13 AM »
If you like it as it is now and intend on keeping the car for a while, I'd leave it stage 2 personally.

Turbos lead you down the dark path of greed and corruption.  Be happy with your Jedi power, take some death sticks, go home and rethink your life  :smiley:

In all seriousness, KO4s are tricky buggers to tune properly because of their spool characteristics overwhelming the engine's VE point at a specific rpm.  An over cooked one feels worse to drive than a tried and tested Stage 1 tune.   

Personally I don't feel Stage 2+ is as nice as the lower levels of tune.  Too many caveats, but that's just my opinion.  It's your car/hobby, so do what you want with it  :smiley:

Revo or APR tunes are very good, so you can't go wrong there. 
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.