Author Topic: Raj's United Grey GTi 2.0 DSG - Build Thread  (Read 192 times)

Offline Raj2212

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
  • United Grey GTI 2.0 FSI DSG
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=u1stcdv9inqfd9dq0hk7582q26&/topic,115142.0.html
Raj's United Grey GTi 2.0 DSG - Build Thread
« on: November 14, 2017, 08:02:12 PM »
Raj's United Grey GTi 2.0 DSG - Build Thread

Hi. My first ever build thread.  :happy2: :happy2:

Bought this in July 17. FSH, all mains bits upgraded to revised parts courtesy of the previous owner.

Revision G Diverter Valve
Latest PCV Valve
2x Cambelt Changes.
Just had its DSG serviced at VW. Twice in Its lifetime. Just over 105k. 4 new break disks and pads. 4 new tyres. Cam Follower changed to new.

Upgrades:
Miltek Exhaust, Ram Air Intake, Monza 2s, Edition 30 Front Bumper, R32 style rear bumper, lowered by 20mm on Eibach Springs. - engine completely stock. Roughly pushing 210-215 bhp. ( looking to visit R-Tech in the near future).

Previous owner kept the car Interior/Exterior in near new condition. Thanks mate.

Interior:
Heated Leathers
Central Leather Armrest
High-line Clocks
Cruise Control
Multifunctional Steering wheel with Paddle Shift extensions.
RCD 510

How I got it:

Wanted to change the rear lights, so nabbed that from my previous golf just before I sold it. ( Sadly written off by a sleeping driver ).

My late 05 GTI DSG

Edition 30 Lights in:

Interior:
After I tackled the lights. Wanted to upgrade the interior bits. Didn't like the pioneer stereo as it had no steering wheel controls.

Opted for the RCD510 - Delphi version as it allowed for USB ports to be added as well as being quite cheap.  Added a USB port for a finishing touch.  Didn't wanna risk an RNS510. Too much thievery around my ends.

Decided to wrap the centre console and side trims. As bits were fraying off the DSG and Centre. Wrapped in gloss black to match the glossy effect on the RCD510. 

Side door trims were done in steel grey.

Pretty much it in terms of interior. - I do recommend getting this little beauty. Holds your phone in place with magnets.  £2.99 on EBay

Exterior:
I really wanted the Ed30 front and rear bumper and managed to grab a good deal from a lad who was breaking his.  Hit me up if anyone wants his details - think he's got few performance parts still.

Managed to grab both front and rear bumper already painted. Saved me from
buying new and getting painted. Huge savings.

Added both bumpers - currently sits like this:

Future Upgrades :

Performance Intercooler
Gloss Black extensions to the side skirts
Get the side skirts sprayed gloss black.
10-15mm Spacers so the Monza's look meaner.
Stage 1 @ R-Tech to 250-270 BHP.

What do you guys think ?
Still have my original Front and Rear Bumpers available. PM if interested.

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 140
Re: Raj's United Grey GTi 2.0 DSG - Build Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 10:12:53 PM »
Looking good Raj. Like what you have done so far. :happy2:r
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline Dude2016

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Raj's United Grey GTi 2.0 DSG - Build Thread
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 05:25:41 AM »
Looks the dogs. The ed30 bumpers make the car look like the my have finished painteing it. I have a black gti with r32 style exshaust hated that textured lower valence