Make a donation

Author Topic: ebay down pipe questions  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Ant b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
ebay down pipe questions
« on: November 15, 2017, 04:17:39 pm »
fitted my ebay downpipe the other day, but the hangers don’t light up so means i have to pay to get it cut and welded now,also there was quite a lip we’re it meets the turbo.
i’m wondering if i should get a relentless 3.5 down pipe and a 3”-2.5” reducer as im stock cat back
red mk5 golf gti ks05 fak,ram air intake,3” downpipe/decat,dv+,bcs rev ll exhaust stage 1 remap.coilovers,whiteline rarb and depo projectors,
Edition 30 front splitter,r32/gti rear,r32 side skirts
Soon to be r tech stage 2

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: ebay down pipe questions
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 04:52:07 pm »
Yep.  Been discussed a lot.  Throw it in the trash where it belongs and get the Relentless one.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 07:42:24 pm »
As a mate of mine always says "buy cheap, buy twice". Unfortunately you're usually better off spending more in the first place as it works out cheaper in the long run.

Offline Ant b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 09:35:10 pm »
Yeah deffo agree there,and tbf the car even without a map goes really well after the decat it just vibrates a lot,will I notice any difference with the relentless 3.5 to the one I have
red mk5 golf gti ks05 fak,ram air intake,3” downpipe/decat,dv+,bcs rev ll exhaust stage 1 remap.coilovers,whiteline rarb and depo projectors,
Edition 30 front splitter,r32/gti rear,r32 side skirts
Soon to be r tech stage 2

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 12:24:18 pm »
The Relentless one - like most aftermarket DPs - still has a flex bellows which is way too short.   Nobody seems to cotton onto the fact VW used a very long flexi for good reason.   Very short flexis can transmit vibration into the cabin, as well as restricting movement (not just for and aft, but also laterally when hard cornering) which can break off turbo flange studs, or fracture the DP > flange welds.

Absolutely buy cheap, buy twice......or in this case, you can buy 4 crappy ebay DPs for the price of one decent one, such as APR or Milltek (cast).

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D