Make a donation

Author Topic: Driving standards falling or am I just being grumpy?  (Read 4498 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: Driving standards falling or am I just being grumpy?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 09:47:09 am »
I think we're all just turning into old grumpy men  :smiley:  :wink: I agree with all the above, most of it comes down to people not giving a s**t about other people, not just in driving but generally - all about me, myself and I - it's something that has become more prominent in society especially over the last 25 years years.

Molesy  :happy2:

Yep, and what really turns my piss up to gas mark 10 is when you let people out of a side road and they just completely ignore you, or just barge out uninvited.  We're British, we value and deserve acknowledgement and respect shown to an act of civil kindness, you utter bottom feeding cretin f'cks.

It's always people in bottom rung BMWs (literally bottom rung, 116i) and Audis that do this to me.  Essex white or black, naturally.   I really do not understand how people like this don't get attacked on a regular basis with their sheer arrogance.

Another thing I see increasing is incessant lane hogging.  "Oh I need to turn right into Tesco 2 miles up the road, so I'll just get into the right hand lane now and stay there doing 40 all the way".   Get out of the frickin way you imbecile.

I think it's time to drive like Russians and just crash into these people on purpose.  Now looking on Autotrader for an 80s Volvo 760 GLE  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 09:42:47 am »
A real issue is the lack of road discipline enforced by the Police. Road Policing Officer numbers at an all time low and other Officers have no uncommitted time for disciplining drivers. Minimal chance of being pulled up for poor driving, guess what people carry on driving poorly and their standard deteriorates even more.
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 10:36:03 am »
Yep.  I've seen a patrol car pull someone over twice in the last 6 months.  15-20 years ago, they were always parked up in laybys waiting to pounce on speeders.

Less work for them now because the road speeds are self regulated these days.  Too many zombies clogging them up driving at 10-20mph under the posted limits.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D