Make a donation

Author Topic: PB's 3rd MK5 GTI...New Warranty Wings  (Read 3655 times)

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
PB's 3rd MK5 GTI...New Warranty Wings
« on: November 30, 2017, 10:10:35 pm »
 So after selling the ED30 to put some money towards a house, i bought this.

A 2006 (56)  Standard GTi. Fairly basic spec, but loving being back in a manual. Apart from a few bits of rust (namely on the wings) its not in bad shape for 125k miles. I bought it off a friend for a very decent price and apart from a damn good clean, both inside and out, and a service its as i bought it 2 months ago.

The previous owner has driven it 2300 miles in the past 2 years and it passed an MOT with no advisories the week before i bought it. So far ive done just under 3000 miles in less than 2 months and honestly, i'm loving it. Can get 40mpg on a run but also got enough poke to have some fun with.

Spec wise its got 18" Monza's and a few other bits. I've fitted a Pioneer App Radio 4 in which updates the interior and plan to lower it and map it at some point. Just enjoying driving it at the moment.

Few photos attached  :happy2:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:15:43 pm by peter_booker2003 »
Past: MK5 Golf GTI, Black Magic Pearl, Xenons, SatNav, MFSW, Highline
Past: Edition 30 #1411, Tornado Red, Xenons, Revo Intake, H+R Springs, Highline, DSG,

Current: Mk5 Golf GTI, Steel Grey, 3dr, Manual

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
Re: PB's 3rd MK5 GTI...in a row
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:15:36 pm »
Good luck with it!  :driver: Love the color.  :happy2:

Offline Rossimac

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90767.0.html
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 08:21:33 am »
Car looks great! What are the interior options like?

What's the verdict going back to a K03 turbo again from a K04?

Offline jon_hill

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 10:27:59 am »
Lovely looking motor that Peter, could you get the rust on the wings sorted under warranty FOC from VW? 12 yr anti-corrosion on the mk5 (mine is booked in for next week at VW Leicester)...

Always had a soft spot for the cut finish on the Monza's!  :drool:

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 12:18:48 pm »
@jon_hill I had mine done at VW Leicester. They did a great job with mine.

They will probably remember my car too - white mk5 with sunroof. They will remember it as they realised after that it was an import and they couldn’t do it but had to finish the job as they already ripped the wings off  :grin:

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 03:01:35 pm »
Thanks for the kind comments all.

With regards to the wings. I'm not overly bothered about the rust, but plan on trying to get them done under warranty at some point.

Nothing new with the car just yet apart from having to replace all 4 coil-packs recently.
Past: Edition 30 #1411, Tornado Red, Xenons, Revo Intake, H+R Springs, Highline, DSG,

Offline jon_hill

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 08:37:16 pm »
@shoaybmakda I got my car back on Thursday and they've done a great job on the wings too  :happy2:

Definitely think it's worth a visit to your local VW dealership @peter_booker2003 to see if you can get them done. I was without the car for 4 days but got a neat little 17 plate Polo as a courtesy car.

Offline scopes

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 12:47:10 pm »
Very Nice clean looking GTI you have ... health to enjoy....
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: PB's 3rd MK5 GTI...New Warranty Wings
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 12:20:08 pm »
So after having rusty wings since i bought it i spoke with my local VW (VW Stafford) who said they couldn't help as they didn't have a bodyshop. He directed me to Marie at Inchscape Shrewsbury who was fantastic throughout the whole process.

Spoke with her last Thursday (11th Jan) on the phone and she said to pop over and they would take a look. I drove over on Monday (15th Jan), they checked the wings and said that getting them replaced shouldn't be a problem. Said to leave the car with them and they would give me a 67 plate polo as a courtesy car. Phone call Wednesday afternoon (17th Jan) to say that the car was ready to collect.

Amazing service and even though i didn't pay the £288 for blending, the match is amazing.

MPS

Re: PB's 3rd MK5 GTI...New Warranty Wings
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 11:49:57 pm »
Wow, blindingly quick turn around! Mine was gone for weeks!

So after having rusty wings since i bought it i spoke with my local VW (VW Stafford) who said they couldn't help as they didn't have a bodyshop. He directed me to Marie at Inchscape Shrewsbury who was fantastic throughout the whole process.

Spoke with her last Thursday (11th Jan) on the phone and she said to pop over and they would take a look. I drove over on Monday (15th Jan), they checked the wings and said that getting them replaced shouldn't be a problem. Said to leave the car with them and they would give me a 67 plate polo as a courtesy car. Phone call Wednesday afternoon (17th Jan) to say that the car was ready to collect.

Amazing service and even though i didn't pay the £288 for blending, the match is amazing.