Make a donation

Author Topic: Stage 1 Map - Need a new one after Overboost issues  (Read 4557 times)

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Stage 1 Map - Need a new one after Overboost issues
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 11:56:08 am »
So had the Revo map installed and I am a very happy bunny. The old map (probably of Quantum quality) felt a bit off and this was confirmed by the chaps doing the map, boosting too high then dropping to low and advancing the timing too much. The Revo map in contrast hold its boost to a much more linear scale so it feels so much smoother, quicker plus the engine generally feels happier than it did before.

Just goes to show you pay peanuts you get monkeys with re-maps. Thanks for the help as always chaps.

Molesy  :happy2:

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 02:02:17 pm »
 :happy2:

That's the difference between months of calibration work vs a hack job.

Did you get the SPS switch?  Handy to have in case you replace the battery.  You can also tweak some map settings with it too, and switch to stock mode etc.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 02:16:02 pm »
I didn't mate, given all the other money I spent recently and with Chrimbo round the corner I had to be a little sensible. The remap chaps said they would flash back for nothing anyway and they're only 15 mins from work plus I can always get one later  :smiley:

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 02:25:17 pm »
Great choice. Not always the highest figures but it drives very well at Stage 1, I was blown away going from standard to Stage 1 Revo on my K03 TFSI
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 09:45:47 am »
Less is more and smooth is faster.  If you're spinnin' you ain't winnin'.   

Personally I find Revo's figures to be realistic and their tune has that lovely press the pedal harder for more acceleration feeling.   Some tunes are littered with flat spots, are all top end and no bottom end, and vice versa.   And they retain the factory pedal mapping, too.  Not a fan of the 'linear' pedal map at all.

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 10:09:06 am »
Great choice. Not always the highest figures but it drives very well at Stage 1, I was blown away going from standard to Stage 1 Revo on my K03 TFSI

Thanks Dan  :smiley: It certainly has a nice feel to it!

Less is more and smooth is faster.  If you're spinnin' you ain't winnin'.   

Personally I find Revo's figures to be realistic and their tune has that lovely press the pedal harder for more acceleration feeling.   Some tunes are littered with flat spots, are all top end and no bottom end, and vice versa.   And they retain the factory pedal mapping, too.  Not a fan of the 'linear' pedal map at all.

Must say that after driving the car about 70 miles now it is completely different, the old map was all low down and sod all up top the Revo feels closer to stock in the way it brings the power in and I feel like I have much more control with the go pedal now than I had.

Saying that I had the wheels spinning in 3rd today coming off the roundabout onto the A23 in Brighton this morning  :grin: Cold weather and cold tyres = traction issues  :driver: :signLOL:

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 10:28:16 am »
Haha, yep, traction is a nightmare this time of year and you can wave goodbye to your nearside front tyre  :grin: