Make a donation

Author Topic: Hi From SE London  (Read 1186 times)

vacant

Hi From SE London
« on: December 04, 2017, 09:37:12 pm »
Have had a black 5dr GTI for a few weeks now, haven't had a chance to put many miles on it but enjoying the ones I have.
Totally standard car in mint condition. It's already got the RCD510 upgrade, although I want to add bluetooth to it in good time.

Also after a centre armrest once I've got the Xmas spending out the way.

Previously had a number of Fords (XR3i and Fiesta Zetec-S) and have spent a lot of time driving an A3 1.9TDI and BMW318d, but this is the first VAG product I've owned.

Offline Gtcpaul1971

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
  • Graphite blue 54 plate 5 Dr gti.
    • Email
  • My Ride: Graphite blue, 54 plate gti
Re: Hi From SE London
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 08:28:02 pm »
Welcome. I want to upgrade my stereo but not sure if ill lose the 6 cd changer in the armrest?
Graphite blue 54 plate.

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:46:14 pm »
Welcome. I want to upgrade my stereo but not sure if ill lose the 6 cd changer in the armrest?
Yes you’ll loose the Cd Changed on armrest. Look it like this. You’ll get more features on your upgraded stereo and this will give you Bluetooth and you can just play tracks from your phone.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE: You NEED to get a stereo that has a canbus coder as many outhere don’t. Otherwise, as I’d found out in my own experience- that the stereo it had completely drained my battery which was a nightmare. You must bare this in mind.
Rapid Acceleration on a Slippery surface
Sounds like a MK5 GTI 💥👊🏽💯

vacant

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:04:09 pm »
Cheers

The RCD510 has a 6 disc changer built into the headunit, but Bluetooth and AUX are additional extras.