Make a donation

Author Topic: Quantum Tuning Remap  (Read 13626 times)

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: Quantum Tuning Remap
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 04:53:56 pm »
It's not fuss.  It's a debate.  Remapping is a controversial subject, so you will get a lot of opinions, which you can either ignore, take offense to, or add more of your own.  It's how forums work.

Revo costs what it costs because of their provenance and expertise.  R Tech are more recent but making a good name for themselves.  People trust these vendors.  Trust is worth paying for.

Yes there are many vendors that SELL maps, but only a handful that actually WRITE them.  The internet is full of plagiarized maps. 

I could remap my car myself for £20 if I really wanted to, but I prefer to support small businesses and help keep the tuning market afloat.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 04:56:28 pm »
NB: Stage 1 Remap on MK5 GTI is an extra boost- Yes, it’s just a basic boost. What more do you want?

Stage 3 is a different story.. You end up changing parts when you are better off buying the R that has being created to handle that kind of rapid power.

MK5 GTI with stage 1 is enough for me and to be honest that’s what it can really handle.
Hence MK6 is just a bit more boost. You get this with a stage 1.

No matter who does the mapping on your car as long as they are in the know and your car does not have any issues prior to the map!

Hope this helps folks
Rapid Acceleration on a Slippery surface
Sounds like a MK5 GTI 💥👊🏽💯

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 05:02:49 pm »
It's not fuss.  It's a debate.  Remapping is a controversial subject, so you will get a lot of opinions, which you can either ignore, take offense to, or add more of your own.  It's how forums work.

Revo costs what it costs because of their provenance and expertise.  R Tech are more recent but making a good name for themselves.  People trust these vendors.  Trust is worth paying for.

Yes there are many vendors that SELL maps, but only a handful that actually WRITE them.  The internet is full of plagiarized maps. 

I could remap my car myself for £20 if I really wanted to, but I prefer to support small businesses and help keep the tuning market afloat.
Fuss over a stage one? :grin:
Forums create debate some opinions can be false imo and simply trolling to defend their “vendors”...

I do not know about you but here I. The south we don’t have luxuries of Revo. I don’t want to travel 200 miles to get a basic map. You get my point here. Thank you  for forebarance.

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 06:13:07 pm »
I have a friend of mine who has had issues with quantum on his tdi. He had a reconditioned turbo put on before the remap and now hes always going into limp mode. Taken remap off now and gone custom with someone else. Been ok since.

Not saying there's going to be problems with every car they touch but that was just what we experienced with them

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 06:13:43 pm »
NB: Stage 1 Remap on MK5 GTI is an extra boost- Yes, it’s just a basic boost. What more do you want?

Stage 3 is a different story.. You end up changing parts when you are better off buying the R that has being created to handle that kind of rapid power.

MK5 GTI with stage 1 is enough for me and to be honest that’s what it can really handle.

No matter who does the mapping on your car as long as they are in the know and your car does not have any issues prior to the map!

Hope this helps folks
To quote your "no issues before the map", you did resolve this issue before your map... didn't you?

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=114722.0

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 104
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 06:24:32 pm »
Mine had a stage 1 quantum when I bought it and the extra boost they achieved by maxing the N75 means my actuator has been worked too hard and is needed issue to be sorted.

I think what ever stage of map you have involves risks so would always got reputable what ever stage of tune

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 06:45:12 pm »

Hope this helps folks
To quote your "no issues before the map", you did resolve this issue before your map... didn't you?

if anything the Remap has improved the whole idle on my car. I was misinformed on this so called “forum” that some like to put it that i had a misfire. Thereby if i’d Had a misfire the VCDS check that the Mapper done prior to map, then it would’ve flashed hmmm.. we are talking DSG here by the way and a lot of DSG haters on here and it’s no wonder there are bias non Quantum.

It’s irrelevant you had to refer to my previous post as this is the kind of response you receive when you give others some humble advice to not be “distracted” by bias on here.
Interesting.

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 06:46:49 pm »

Hope this helps folks

if anything the Remap has improved the whole idle on my car. I was misinformed on this so called “forum” that some like to put it that i had a misfire. Thereby if i’d Had a misfire the VCDS check that the Mapper done prior to map, then it would’ve flashed hmmm.. we are talking DSG here by the way and a lot of DSG haters on here and it’s no wonder there are bias non Quantum. Not everyone understands DSG either it would seem and these cars hold their value very well as compared to Manual. Quicker too. Can’t beat computer technology. That’s the truth and not an opinion that is sent down a rabbit hole with a hundred conspiracies being created !

It’s irrelevant you had to refer to my previous post. I was also told on here not to go for air intake but I have and no issues. No misfire.  Im only giving some humble advice to not be “distracted” by bias on here where we should take it as pinch of salt.

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 06:50:45 pm »
I have a friend of mine who has had issues with quantum on his tdi. He had a reconditioned turbo put on before the remap and now hes always going into limp mode. Taken remap off now and gone custom with someone else. Been ok since.

Not saying there's going to be problems with every car they touch but that was just what we experienced with them

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
TDI and GTI two different systems on ECU. And it all depends who is doing the Remap.

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 77
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 07:16:13 pm »
Just enjoy the remap mate
You love it and that's all that matters

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 08:25:01 pm »
Just enjoy the remap mate
You love it and that's all that matters
Cheers bud! :happy2:

Offline ballcrusher

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • Work in progress
    • incar science
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 09:06:15 pm »
It your happy with your car then sod what people tell you mate cos most tuning companies in the uk buy there mapping files from another well named tuning company and pay a fee for that privilege.

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 09:29:53 pm »
It your happy with your car then sod what people tell you mate cos most tuning companies in the uk buy there mapping files from another well named tuning company and pay a fee for that privilege.
Well said mate.. nice car 👍🏽

I’m only trying to tell others on here that there is nothing wrong with a Quantum Remap! I posted on here months ago and no one suggested Quantum but the suggested R-Tech and Revo (too far for me). I then forgot about Remapping for a few months and then decided to do my own research as no one was willing to help me. I decided being brave and making my own choice was the only way forward. I have been told all sorts of wrong info on this forum i.e. misfire in one of my cylinders where those advice I had received on here meant nothing and I still took the risk with the Remap and it paid off for me in the end. No issues at ALL! There are those who live and swear by forums to get correct information when sometimes this can be very misleading misconstrued and toxic. Yes forums create a debate - but only if they are comprehensive, structural and based of factual evidence in order to determine the way of going forward. This only creates anxiety when you have incorrect or bias information on forums. If anything the Quantum remap it has resolved a lot of my previous problems My GTI has suffered (as explained in some of my old posts). Thank You God!

So I just want to help people to go for their own choice and it’s not wrong or bad at all to go out of the box. The guy who did my mapping was very straightforward honest and even discussed the market and how it worked ! He showed me a big spread sheet with numbers and figures that you and I cannot understand unless the people who create files use to match up with your car. This is why he had to email my scan first. Immediately after the Remap (one hour later) he let me go and test the car without requesting any money. I felt this surge of boost power when I put my foot down. That was a big smile for me. Please! It was as if my GTI needed a Remap. He also mapped an 14 plate Audi S3 just before mine. He is reputable and has had no complaint in his 3 years of remapping cars. He gave me more confidence than anyone has on here👌🏽

Hope this clears things  :smiley: :wink:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:32:47 pm by GTi-Tecnix »

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 09:39:56 pm »
You are spot on here! I once owned a Vauxhall Vectra and I had to get the stereo unlocked as the password had been lost. I was recommended a guy who worked in an Oldskool car yard. His office was an absolute mess like a breakers! Now, he was the only guy who could unlock my stereo as he had the access to codes to 100s if not thousands of Vauxhall car stereos. He fixed it on the spot and he also told me the Vauxhall Maindealers they all come to him for codes because they cannot do this job for themselves but they’ve had to come to him to the job!! Moral of story - never judge a book!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:42:05 pm by GTi-Tecnix »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=j3v0e65t6m9jptqpoahbbqa8r0&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 10:43:43 pm »
If you are happy then thats cool, but you won't convince the masses, sorry.

I wouldn't recommend Quantum to anyone... despite your glowing review based on nothing other than "it goes faster than it did before"