Make a donation

Author Topic: Quantum Tuning Remap  (Read 13450 times)

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Quantum Tuning Remap
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 11:55:38 pm »
If you are happy then thats cool, but you won't convince the masses, sorry.

I wouldn't recommend Quantum to anyone... despite your glowing review based on nothing other than "it goes faster than it did before"
haha  :grin: please clarify more here.. are you aware of the masses in London? How do u think we out GTI and R’s remapped.. not to travel 100-200miles to get a basic Remap buddy? We have loads of performance VW Golfs now on the roads here in London in case you didn’t realise that..

How do you define the masses? I’m guessing not everyone here in the UK comes in a forum page to learn about how to get their VAG mapped? Again, we are unclear here.. more precisely to the point - bias view you may have there sir!  :ashamed:
Rapid Acceleration on a Slippery surface
Sounds like a MK5 GTI 💥👊🏽💯

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=lpifgt639jfrcmlc5o9n7gi0t5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 12:44:31 am »
Can you please make sure you type correctly in quoted posts... thanks

I still don't get any of your points.... Can you not leave London? Will your head explode if you go past Watford?

There are 4 APR dealers... 3 REVO dealers.... give or take within the M25.

If you are happy with your basic remap then cool....... You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 12:50:18 am »
Can you please make sure you type correctly in quoted posts... thanks

I still don't get any of your points.... Can you not leave London? Will your head explode if you go past Watford?

There are 4 APR dealers... 3 REVO dealers.... give or take within the M25.

If you are happy with your basic remap then cool....... You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
You read what I wrote so you musta understood.. you’re forgetting my thread you’ve responded to.. Okay.. can I just correct you there.. you pay less you have nice change in the pocket.. nice 👍🏽  :laugh:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=lpifgt639jfrcmlc5o9n7gi0t5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 01:13:01 am »
I bet you use Asda or Morrison’s 95ron petrol don’t you?

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 02:10:35 am »
No. Shell V-power. More cleaner, pure fuel, more throttle, better for your engine. No deposits 😄 Nonetheless, I’m sure there are other people in the UK who may use these supermarket fuel so I don’t think anyone should be criticising here. If I were to stranded and the nearest fuel station was a Morrison’s, yes I would use them. We are talking pence here, whereas Remap we are talking significant numbers in £’s not p’s. So the point you make is baseless.
What fuel do you use?
No offence taken.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:15:30 am by GTi-Tecnix »

Offline Rossimac

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90767.0.html
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2017, 07:52:47 am »
Would you recommend travelling from Belfast for this map? Sounds great!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2017, 08:12:13 am »
No. Shell V-power. More cleaner, pure fuel, more throttle, better for your engine. No deposits 😄 Nonetheless, I’m sure there are other people in the UK who may use these supermarket fuel so I don’t think anyone should be criticising here. If I were to stranded and the nearest fuel station was a Morrison’s, yes I would use them. We are talking pence here, whereas Remap we are talking significant numbers in £’s not p’s. So the point you make is baseless.
What fuel do you use?
No offence taken.

But why not just use 95? It’s cheaper. More cheaper more better right?? Applying your cheap remap logic.

Save those pennies.....

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2017, 08:14:41 am »
I'm out, can't cure stupid

Just for fun though, try running some data logging of your car, make sure you include block 001 lambda correction..... Then you'll see just how good your quantum map really is.....

Any moron with a laptop can add 20% the load request and let the ECU figure out the fuelling for itself... but hey, what do we know?
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2017, 08:19:09 am »
Would you recommend travelling from Belfast for this map? Sounds great!

:signLOL:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2017, 08:20:53 am »

Just for fun though, try running some data logging of your car, make sure you include block 001 lambda correction..... Then you'll see just how good your quantum map really is.....

Any moron with a laptop can add 20% the load request and let the ECU figure out the fuelling for itself... but hey, what do we know?

Yeah but he lives in London mate.... quantum are defo the best maps in London. #fact

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2017, 09:12:01 am »
I live in London I went r tech twice stage 1 and 2.
And would do it all again, I’ve had a bad map in the past on a Mini Countryman sd
Almost cost me clutch and flywheel. And the vibration under hard acceleration was terrible and kept going in to limp mode. Never again.

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2017, 09:16:14 am »
I live in London, and had my 1.4tdi polo flashed with Angel tunings map. Too much torque. It went through 2 clutches in less thsn 40k Miles.

My gti was done at Rtech. Only took 90 minutes to get there from London so wasn't too bad. I just didn't want another flash and go sort of map.

Anyways if you're happy mate that's all that matters. Everyone will have different experiences.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2017, 10:20:54 am »
Quote from: GTi-Tecnix link
I’m only trying to tell others on here that there is nothing wrong with a Quantum Remap! I posted on here months ago and no one suggested Quantum but the suggested R-Tech and Revo (too far for me). I then forgot about Remapping for a few months and then decided to do my own research as no one was willing to help me. I decided being brave and making my own choice was the only way forward.

I've said that many times on here.  It's not wise to take what is said on forums as gospel. Gather opinions by all means, but a purchase shouldn't be based purely on comments from strangers.  You have your own intuition and intelligence - use it.

Quote from: GTi-Tecnix link
I have been told all sorts of wrong info on this forum i.e. misfire in one of my cylinders where those advice I had received on here meant nothing

Throwing advice back in our faces like that isn't very community spirited is it?  You came on here asking for advice about popping noises in your exhaust. You didn't even know what engine idle meant.  One of your spark plugs was black with carbon and 3 were clean, and you still dispute that wasn't a misfire? 

I'm with Dan, I'm out.  You've gone off and got a map you like, kudos to you, we're all chuffed for you.......but now you are wading around like a Peacock because you are right, we are all wrong.  Good luck to you buddy on your next technical problem.  You don't need our advice :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2017, 10:43:19 am »

Oh but you can just not legally.  :sad1:

Offline GTI DAZ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
  • My Ride: Previous: Mk7.5 Fiesta ST, Current: None, future: MK5 GTI
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2017, 11:24:48 am »
I must agree with others on this. I've only just come to VW. always had fords and always been revo'd. not saying other tuners aren't as good, but you do get what you pay for. SCC in st Albans has never let me down, will spend time going through your options with you, and take car of you car, they refused to map my car once because it had a faulty valve, they replaced it and then mapped it, didn't even charge me for the valve. you have to think, you're not just paying for the map. you're paying for a service.