Make a donation

Author Topic: PCV Part numbers and the Eurojet PCV Fix  (Read 2226 times)

Offline pandaman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 6
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,115571.0.html
PCV Part numbers and the Eurojet PCV Fix
« on: December 10, 2017, 09:00:08 pm »
I want to update my PCV, I have on 05 plate GTI and after a fair bit of searching I think I’ve got the right parts and p/n. Can someone please confirm!

Revision R PCV      06F129101R
Rear breather tube   06F103215B
PCV Gasket      06F103483E
Rear tube Gasket   06F145757F

Also, while I was searching, the Eurojet PCV fix popped up quite a bit, what does it do exactly? But after some googling I can’t find it anywhere anyway, did the company go bust?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: PCV Part numbers and the Eurojet PCV Fix
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 09:57:57 am »
Looking at the pics of it, it was just a check valve and a couple of bits of silicon to replace the plastic line.   It looks crap tbh.  All that flow reduced down to what looks like no more than 8mm bore check valve.  Really silly idea.

People like to mess with the PCV system but it's best to leave it alone and decoke the valves every 50K.    The valves will always carbon up, regardless if you have no PCV, a catch can, or stock.   I don't people realise exhaust soot gets onto the intake valves during cam overlap.  Nothing can be done about it other than petrol wash from port injectors.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline willk86

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 11:19:23 am »
Looking at the pics of it, it was just a check valve and a couple of bits of silicon to replace the plastic line.   It looks crap tbh.  All that flow reduced down to what looks like no more than 8mm bore check valve.  Really silly idea.

People like to mess with the PCV system but it's best to leave it alone and decoke the valves every 50K.    The valves will always carbon up, regardless if you have no PCV, a catch can, or stock.   I don't people realise exhaust soot gets onto the intake valves during cam overlap.  Nothing can be done about it other than petrol wash from port injectors.
How much did the decoke cost and where did you get it done?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 12:14:26 pm »
£350 I think.  AKS Tuning did mine and I know what your next question will be.  To which my answer is - no, I didn't notice any difference afterwards  :grin:

Nothing to do with their workmanship, which was top notch, it's just that carboned up valves is not that big a deal on these engines.  At best you will see slightly improved cold starting, slightly better hot idle.....but certainly no performance gains in boost.

Offline willk86

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 12:54:31 pm »
£350 I think.  AKS Tuning did mine and I know what your next question will be.  To which my answer is - no, I didn't notice any difference afterwards  :grin:

Nothing to do with their workmanship, which was top notch, it's just that carboned up valves is not that big a deal on these engines.  At best you will see slightly improved cold starting, slightly better hot idle.....but certainly no performance gains in boost.
In all honesty I'd be getting it done just for the engines longevity over performance issues

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline pandaman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 08:14:30 pm »
So the Eurojet fix was a load of rubbish, but I'd still quite like to make sure my PCV is up to date for a tune later on. I was thinking about a PCV delete and some searching on here led me to believe the latest revision factory PCV is a much better idea unless you have a stupid amount of HP. Is that right?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 09:46:22 am »
As above, I just wouldn't mess with the PCV system full stop.  Get the latest standard parts from VW and be done with it.  Change the front PCV annually if you're worried about remapped boost levels popping it.

A full delete is a stupid idea on a road car, I agree.   The aftermarket is full of ill thought out, half arsed garbage because these companies think they know better than a multi-billion pound industry full of the cleverest engineers on the planet.

Offline pandaman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 10:38:31 am »
So if I want the latest standard parts, are the part numbers above correct?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 11:58:04 am »
First one is, not sure about the rest.

I find it's best to visit the dealer and look on their parts screen.  Often you will find internet part numbers are out of date.

Offline horsemeat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 12:09:48 pm »
I find it's best to visit the dealer and look on their parts screen.  Often you will find internet part numbers are out of date.

Good advice that. Generally if I have a list of four or five part numbers, one will be out of date.

It's always easier than trying to describe the part, though.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 12:17:20 pm »
Yeah it's like pulling teeth.  I have to spoon feed them through the ETKA screens in most cases, but we get their in the end  :smiley:

It's not their fault though.  They can't know every part of every car VW make, but it's not helped by VW giving some parts weird names!

Offline pandaman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 09:46:57 pm »
Cool, cheers pudding! Luckily there's a dealer just down the road from me! :happy2: