Make a donation

Author Topic: Go Pro Action Camera Alternatives  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Manny_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
Go Pro Action Camera Alternatives
« on: December 13, 2017, 11:02:41 am »
Hi all

I'm looking to buy myself (for xmas of course!) some Go Pro like camera equipment just to have some fun and play around with a few edits here and there.

Just wondering if anybody on here uses Go Pro or any of the alternatives and what would you recommend? I know of the quality Go Pro offers but this also comes with the steep prices. Therefore I am looking at alternatives, such as Amazon?

Quite interested in a kit that comes with accessories and different mounting perks.

Did a quick google search and come across this: http://www.knowyourmobile.com/wearable-technology/gopro/23753/10-excellent-cheaper-gopro-alternatives-2017

Hints/Tips/Suggestions are welcome

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:06:45 am by Manny_ED30 »
Stealth Racing Stage 2+ Tornado Red 5dr DSG Edition 30
Mk2 Oak Green 16v -> 1.8T - Still Sleeping..

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
Re: Go Pro Action Camera Alternatives
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:50:00 pm »
I've had an ebay SJCam (SJ4000 i think?) for years and its been great. Used it many a time to record motoring related fun and it even has the built in WiFi so I can download directly to my mobile without a cable in sight. Uses GoPro accessories so plenty of choice on eBay, ranging from cheap and nasty up to the genuine accessories

Quality was reasonable for what it is, plenty of examples available on youtube
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline f00glee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 03:41:39 pm »
I have a gopro hero, bought a few years back. Basically a stripped down hero 4 with no screen/wifi. At the time this was only £99 new, but it seems their current equivalent, the session, is somewhat more expensive. I find the lack of screen a non-issue as if you're always snapping it back into a mount which hasn't moved, you always get the same view. Just a few test videos and pop the SD card out to check to get aligned initially. Quality of image is great and its a sturdy piece of kit, used for activities from snorkeling to snowboarding, never skipped a beat. Maybe worth looking for a used one on ebay? Even though mine has had some use, because its robust, it will go on for a long time yet. I dare say there are plenty out there which have been used a handful of times and then shelved.
Current:
Mk6 R, Tornado Red, 5-door, '13.
Previous:
Mk5 GTI, Tornado Red, 3-door, '06, R-tech Stage "1+"

Offline petem86

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 07:53:53 am »
try looking for second hand gopros, always loads for sale when new models com out