Make a donation

Author Topic: Possible RCS330+ help  (Read 1313 times)

Offline GTI DAZ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
  • My Ride: Previous: Mk7.5 Fiesta ST, Current: None, future: MK5 GTI
Possible RCS330+ help
« on: December 15, 2017, 10:46:46 am »
so i got a stereo from work and i think its an RCS330+ can anyone confirm? also anyone know what is needed for installation?

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
Re: Possible RCS330+ help
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 03:39:24 pm »
Yep that looks like a RCD 330 alright. The App button suggests that it's the B Variant which means slightly more RAM than the original version and Smartphone connectivity though check the firmware to see if you got either the stock version (Apple CarPlay & Baidu CarLife) or the modified one (Full App Connect - Apple Carplay/MirrorLink/Android Auto). Installation is basically swap out the old unit and slot in the new - plug and play.

You may need to update the Canbus Gateway to avoid battery drain if you haven't done so, check to see if you got a version later than Revision L otherwise get a 7N0 907 530 gateway and recode - VCDS (Vagcom) is your friend for this job.

You also need a twin FAKRA to single FAKRA cable adapter to get the radio signal working (though some get away connecting just one FAKRA cable but I'm not sure on signal strength).

As a note the RCD 330 does not work with the stock MK5 MFSW and steering wheel control module. You may need to upgrade the control module to version CH and possibly the steering wheel itself to get full controls working with the unit.

Offline GTI DAZ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 11:18:27 pm »
Thanks @PatchySan I don’t have a mfsw to that’s ok, I got it free from work so just need a new coded canbus. Where can I get one?

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 03:41:38 am »
Thanks @PatchySan I don’t have a mfsw to that’s ok, I got it free from work so just need a new coded canbus. Where can I get one?

Try the sales page here

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99336.0.html

Offline GTI DAZ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 08:30:26 pm »
Thanks @PatchySan I’ve asked, just need the antenna adapter now