Make a donation

Author Topic: New 55 reg gti owner  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Graham1990

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
New 55 reg gti owner
« on: December 29, 2017, 09:28:04 pm »
Evening everyone,

Bought a mk5 golf gti yesterday and so far I love it! Only trouble is the thermostat is stuck open and the drivers side rear caliper is seized. Got a thermostat on the way but can’t get caliper until next year 😖. Anyway I’m going to eventually get a remap but I’m after a sports cat before.  So if anyone is looking to get rid of one then please let me know and I may buy it. Hope everyone has a happy new year. I’ve started mine off great in my new gti 😁👌

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: New 55 reg gti owner
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 11:10:55 am »
Welcome.

Get some pics up  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 11:27:43 am »
welcome to the forum Graham.
start a build thread up in the members rides section :happy2:
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,8.0.html

Offline Graham1990

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 01:52:19 pm »
Hi prp74 and Andy! I’m really not very good at these kind of websites it’s going to take me a while! Especially to upload pics lol. I’ve noticed a few problems with my gti already unfortunately. I thought I posted something in the technical area but maybe I cocked that up! I need to change the coolant thermostat but I’ve got one on the way from vw so that’s in the process of being sorted. Engine management light came on yesterday I plugged a £20 eBay vag fault finder in and deleted the code even though it wouldn’t read the code and said it failed to remove it, but the engine light went off. Also the indicator on the near side wing mirror doesn’t work and when I lock the car the indicators don’t flash but the do when I unlock it. I have checked all the doors and bonnet and boot catch sensors and they all tell me when a door, the boot or bonnet is open, so they all work. Could either of you help me out with these problems ? Or just tell me to post it in the correct place lol. The car is a 55 reg golf gti black with axx engine code. I’ve ordered r8 coil packs and some ngk iridium plugs and I’m going to r-tech for a stage 1 map once I have cured all these niggly bits. Cheers guys!