Make a donation

Author Topic: ECP 50% sale  (Read 2948 times)

Offline GTI DAZ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
  • My Ride: Previous: Mk7.5 Fiesta ST, Current: None, future: MK5 GTI
ECP 50% sale
« on: January 03, 2018, 02:08:12 pm »
just a heads up been on euro car parts they have a 50% sale on t0day only

can anyone link me to the correct front discs and pads for a GTI and any other parts worth getting? 

Offline GTI DAZ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: ECP 50% sale
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 02:18:37 pm »

projector lights:- LH & RH £335 with the discount

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 02:43:34 pm »
Euros have always got an UP TO 50% (or more!) sale on.... In reality it is never a sale as they're not even that cheap - source them cheaper elsewhere most of the time...

You need 312mm discs and the matching pads
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 03:07:24 pm »
Yeah, 'up to' being the key words there.   For example, stick a full £1466 Milltek turbo back system into your basket, apply the SALE50 code and see how much you get off  :grin:

CarParts4Less is another one of the brands under the ECP umbrella, as well as a couple of ebay shops which are cheaper than their own official ECP website.

Another example, go onto ECP and look up their GKN Lobro CV joint kit.  £101 on ECP and £68 on CP4L.   Add 2 of them into your basket on ECP, apply the SALE50 code and it drops them down to the same 'normal' price as CP4L. 

It's all a big con.   They hope you'll pay the more expensive price instead of shopping around first.  Even clicking around on websites contact/about info is very revealing.   All of these online car parts websites route back to the same giant warehouse resellers.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline GTI DAZ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 03:14:16 pm »
thats true sale doent seem to work on the performance stuff, no surprise
 but 312 brembo discs work out at £72 https://www.eurocarparts.com/basket
cant find matching pads though

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 03:24:36 pm »
Try code NEWYEAR on CarParts4Less as well.   I just got a pair of the above CV joints from there for £20 cheaper than ECP with the SALE50 code.  Exactly the same parts, exactly the same shop  :grin:

Sales are useful if it's stuff you're buying anyway  :happy2:    GKN Lobro are the OEM supplier and VW want about £140 per joint at the moment.

4ndy

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 03:39:48 pm »
Euros have always got an UP TO 50% (or more!) sale on.... In reality it is never a sale as they're not even that cheap - source them cheaper elsewhere most of the time...

You need 312mm discs and the matching pads
Very true  So many sellers can beat ECP on price.  Sourcing from Poland, Germany can save more even with delivery charges.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 03:45:26 pm »
Yeah, 'up to' being the key words there.   For example, stick a full £1466 Milltek turbo back system into your basket, apply the SALE50 code and see how much you get off  :grin:

CarParts4Less is another one of the brands under the ECP umbrella, as well as a couple of ebay shops which are cheaper than their own official ECP website.

Another example, go onto ECP and look up their GKN Lobro CV joint kit.  £101 on ECP and £68 on CP4L.   Add 2 of them into your basket on ECP, apply the SALE50 code and it drops them down to the same 'normal' price as CP4L. 

It's all a big con.   They hope you'll pay the more expensive price instead of shopping around first.  Even clicking around on websites contact/about info is very revealing.   All of these online car parts websites route back to the same giant warehouse resellers.

To be honest you'd think there might be some law or at least a commercial standard that has to be met that prevents this.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 12:13:56 pm »
You would think so but these companies tend to hire shrewd lawyers.

It's the same with insurance companies who join the market comparison sites.   Identical policies vary in price depending who you buy them through.  Sometimes even ringing them directly can yield a cheaper quote.

Same with petrol, fags, alcohol...... same products with massively varying prices.   Shell p1ss me off with their V Power pricing.  It can be 10p more expensive at a station 10 miles away, just because it happens to be on a busier road.  And as much as 20p more in a different county.

It's up to us consumers to shop smart.   The only thing that concerns me is the sheer volume of Chinese fakery going on at the moment, which explains the super low prices on some things.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 01:43:26 pm »
Chinese fakery is shocking - the spark plug post on TFSI Tuning surprised me a little - they're becoming much more convincing.....

But what is truly shocking is the sheer volume allowed through high profile places such as Amazon or eBay with seemingly no action being taken to stop it
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 02:18:12 pm »
Are they copies or genuine plugs that just happen to be made in China?  They are defo getting better at faking though.  Look at the DV+ for instance, as another example!  Unless you know the product inside out, you'd never know on first glance.

On the other hand, a lot of legitimate companies are, and having been moving production to China for a long time now, because of the speed at which China can take a prototype to production.  They are world leaders at it.  So long as the factory is instructed to produce parts to a certain quality, there is nothing wrong with 'Made in China' per se.   The problem is the shady underworld copying stuff using crap materials and poor tolerances. 

That's why I only buy parts from the dealers because they have a far tighter grip on where they source their parts from, and they are guaranteed for 2 years.

Yep, Amazon and Ebay are seemingly disinterested in the provenance of the stuff they sell.   Again, I only buy things from Amazon that "Prime" filtered and stocked/sold from Amazon EU.  I don't use their 3rd party resellers.