Make a donation

Author Topic: got the gti booked in 😃  (Read 2358 times)

Offline sean.smithy94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,107823.0.html
got the gti booked in 😃
« on: January 07, 2018, 09:38:24 am »
Heading on down to r tech on the 7th February for a stage 2, safe to say I can't wait!

Offline Mike58

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: got the gti booked in 😃
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 09:58:12 pm »
Nice. I’m going there on the 17th this month. Be good to hear what you make of it. Is the map going on an edition 30?

Offline sean.smithy94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,107823.0.html
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:56:04 am »
Nice. I’m going there on the 17th this month. Be good to hear what you make of it. Is the map going on an edition 30?

Well worth the journey! No it's not an edition 30  :happy2: made good power though! 287 bhp and 340 lbft torque.  Only mods are bcs 3 inch sports cat and downpipe, oversized ramair intake and a backbox delete.  It's a totally different car!

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 05:08:50 pm »

Well worth the journey! No it's not an edition 30  :happy2: made good power though! 287 bhp and 340 lbft torque.  Only mods are bcs 3 inch sports cat and downpipe, oversized ramair intake and a backbox delete.  It's a totally different car!
Just seen the graph in the dyno thread. Great peak power for the mods - no uprated HPFP? If that's the case your standard pump will be maxed out so you might get the odd fuel cut. Which could be dodgy at speed. Been there myself with a very similar setup and ended up sticking a Loba pump in which of course cured the fuel cuts but also gave it a much meatier mid range, even without touching the Stage 2 map. Enjoy!

Offline Mike58

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 12:36:14 pm »

That’s good to know! Those are big numbers for a ko3 with that hardware! Mine is a BWA gti with a BCS cat back and panel filter. Have you done anything like valve clean recently? If not I’ll be over the moon if r-tech can get anything like that out of mine!  :driver: