Make a donation

Author Topic: Premium Watches to buy.  (Read 6814 times)

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
Re: Premium Watches to buy.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 04:01:20 pm »
A watch to appreciate in value would have to be a Rolex surely.

A Rolex is out of my price range, but I am looking at Omegas, I just can't decide on a speedy with hesalite crystal or a planet ocean. That would be regularly worn and handed down in the future.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

wycombe_gti

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 06:07:15 pm »
A watch to appreciate in value would have to be a Rolex surely.

A Rolex is out of my price range, but I am looking at Omegas, I just can't decide on a speedy with hesalite crystal or a planet ocean. That would be regularly worn and handed down in the future.

Relatively little appreciates, bar some quite niche runs of "classics", but takes time - and you need to have not worn them too much.
Have a 1969 Seamaster Cosmic with a silver dial, which I love. Also got a new Rolex Oyster Perpetual with a dark rhodium dial and the blue indicators, which I use more often as it's much more resilient. If you fancy something that stands out, I nearly bought a Rolex Milgauss.

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 10:56:52 pm »
I managed to bag myself a stainless steel Rolex Daytona about 4 years ago at just over list price. A new version was launched about a year ago and the old version shot up 20% overnight for a nice used one

Unfortunately the wait for a new one is stretching to many years unless you are VERY well connected

Agree that stainless Rolex’s are the way to go
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 10:05:20 am »
I'm against the grain with Rolexes.   They might be a good investment if you have enough surplus capital to sink into it, but imo they are ugly and crass wrist bling for Bentley boy footballers  :sick:

I'd rather sink the money into precious metals or cyber currency.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 77
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 11:00:31 am »
Not a fan of any of the Seamasters personally, I’d rather a Submariner or the GMT ll if we’re talking looks.

Can’t beat a classic Casio though

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 11:25:33 am »
Submariner looks better, but the way the bezel transitions into a much narrower strap, looks awkward.   The bezel looks nice though, almost a spit of the Seamaster!

I dunno, I just like the coherence of the Seamaster.  I know it's not the don of watches, but as an all round dress watch and a step into premium wrist bling, it's OK.

It just seems to me that the more expensive the watch, the uglier it is.  The upper end Breitlings being a good example.  God they are hideous things and like wearing a saucer on your wrist, inviting a good mugging.  There's just no need  :grin:

Casio.....now you're talking!  And Citizen  :laugh:

I remember my Grandad wearing one of these and thinking how crap it was, but now.......I love them weirdly enough.  I like retro tat!

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 10:13:22 pm »
I am in the market for a new Sports Watch along the Omega/Rolex style like Submariner Planet Ocean or similar.
I would like it to be like my other Omega Seamaste which is now worth more than i paid for it 11 years ago. So what do you guys suggest ? Max budget say £8-10k.
Also what about Ladies Rolex/Omega , similar budget..
It is more of an investment and something nice to wear occasionally rather than having cash sitting doing very little. So when the need comes it could be sold for similar or more.

Perhaps I will hang onto my Semenmaster for a bit longer then.   Just seen a few going for £3K  :surprised:

"Semenmaster" ....a wrist watch for wankers?    :signLOL:

Unfortunate auto complete buddy!   :ashamed:

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 09:57:56 am »
I believe @Pudding may be a fan of Finbarr Saunders.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2018, 09:56:00 am »
I am in the market for a new Sports Watch along the Omega/Rolex style like Submariner Planet Ocean or similar.
I would like it to be like my other Omega Seamaste which is now worth more than i paid for it 11 years ago. So what do you guys suggest ? Max budget say £8-10k.
Also what about Ladies Rolex/Omega , similar budget..
It is more of an investment and something nice to wear occasionally rather than having cash sitting doing very little. So when the need comes it could be sold for similar or more.

Perhaps I will hang onto my Semenmaster for a bit longer then.   Just seen a few going for £3K  :surprised:

"Semenmaster" ....a wrist watch for wankers?    :signLOL:

Unfortunate auto complete buddy!   :ashamed:

Nah, I typed Semenmaster deliberately.  That's how my mind works I'm afraid  :smiley:  I'm just a little bit odd, in case you hadn't noticed  :happy2:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 09:57:36 am »
I believe @Pudding may be a fan of Finbarr Saunders.

I've never read Viz.  Shocking, I know!