Make a donation

Author Topic: Does this boot liner fit? Or is it just me.  (Read 5213 times)

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
Re: Does this boot liner fit? Or is it just me.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 10:27:17 pm »
Got a full refund and the seller doesn't want the item back.

So if anyone wants this free of charge. Just pay for postage and it's there's.

I believe it only fits a standard mk7 car.

Cut it up to make something to kneel on when gardening , cleaning the car , changing the wheel etc ?
My mate has a gtd so gave it to him.

Could of came in handy actually aswell.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: Does this boot liner fit? Or is it just me.
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 02:49:38 pm »
So bought a rubber boot liner as i have a dog and he's not allowed in the car but his hair still gets in. So rubber is easier to hoover.

Anyway i got this one from ebay and to me it doesn't fit.

The seller is refusing the return and says it does fit according to the pictures ive sent.

Apparently i haven't fitted it good enough. But thats how it goes after pushing it all in. Its too big depth wise and just crap really or am i being fussy?

Cheers

That is awful.  I would be too embarrassed to open my boot in case a member of the public saw it!

As already mentioned, I think with vehicle specific accessories, it's best to go genuine.   I had a similar problem with a plastic bumper protector, which wasn't cheap!  The contours weren't a snug fit allowing a ton of dirt to get behind it, the adhesive backing kept lifting, and it was so thick, the tailgate rubbed it every time I closed it, which wore the paint down to bear steel.

I ended up making my own protector in the end.  They are a must if you have dogs as their claws scratch the hell out of the paint.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D