Make a donation

Author Topic: no boost no fault codes no check engine light  (Read 2136 times)

Offline scottharris93

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
no boost no fault codes no check engine light
« on: January 28, 2018, 11:04:29 am »
hi i am new to the forums and im looking for help

i have a mk5 gti dsg '06 thats not giving me any boost, used to occasionally happen every now and then but used to go away when i would restart the car however now its became consistent and wont produce any boost at all it started when i was going for a "spirited" drive then all of a sudden lost power luckily i was near i friends garage at the time so took it to him and had it plugged into vag com no fault codes i left and on the drive home constantly gained then lost boost even after restarting the car i parked it up for the night and tried to restart it in the morning fired up okay but was hunting on idle.

fast forward 3 weeks the car has had new throttle peddle , new throttle body , new dv , new maf sensor , new n75 valve had the turbo wastegate checked and still giving no fault codes and producing no boost its only hunted once since taking it to the garage next thing left to try is to check the turbo shaft to see if that damaged if its not where at abit of a loss of what to try has anyone had this issue before ? cheers

car is stage 1 remap with turbo back decat exhaust and pcv delete and induction kit   
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:21:26 pm by scottharris93 »

Offline Omaru91

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
Re: no boost no fault codes no check engine light
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 10:50:09 am »
Hi,

You might want to check the inter cooler pipes or the connectors as ive heard they can cause boost leaks

hope you get it fixed. 

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 11:05:28 am »
First of all was it scanned with VCDS or just a code reader?

Secondly, if it was VCDS why are you not datalogging the car and sharing this with us? Don't just throw parts at the car, its costly and rarely solves issues
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline acko2204

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 01:15:11 pm »
First of all was it scanned with VCDS or just a code reader?

Secondly, if it was VCDS why are you not datalogging the car and sharing this with us? Don't just throw parts at the car, its costly and rarely solves issues

How do you save the logged the data, I’m new to VCDS and can see when in certain MVB’s on the VCDS screen you can log & bring the ‘graph’ up which is great but I crnt seem to find the log once I’ve finished it...

Offline v4rley

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 104

Offline acko2204

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 10:15:06 pm »
Thanks a bunch v4rley I’ll have a good read through that and hopefully fathom it out...

Sorry for not being much help with your post Scott  :ashamed:

Offline scottharris93

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 09:12:04 pm »
Issue has now been solved I’d broken the lifter in the hpfp 🙈