Make a donation

Author Topic: Rob C's Edition 30 #1312  (Read 2144 times)

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
Rob C's Edition 30 #1312
« on: January 28, 2018, 02:34:07 pm »
Alright chaps (& lasses)! Thought Id finally start a build thread for my Edition 30 as all going well Im actually going to start doing some things to it over the coming months, at last. I bought the car in June last year from @b19_brv with 29k on the clock. Its a Steel Grey 5dr DSG model with a lot of standard options which is what attracted me to it in the first place. The car was immaculately kept and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it and had to have it. However, I got married in December and so that put any sort of fiddling with the Golf on hold...until now  :smiley:

Current spec -

Edition 30 5dr Steel Grey
31k Miles
Xenons
Auto Wipers
Auto Dimming mirrors
Electric Folding mirrors (on remote - see below)
Puddle Lights
Climate Control
Highline Clocks
MFSW
MFD2

etc etc etc

Car is currently booked in with a friend of mine at Devil Developments in June for a full service, Stage 1 dyno remap & fitting of H&R -30mm Springs, all just in time for a trip to the Nurburgring in May  :happy2: In light of this Im also looking in to brake upgrades so if anybody has any reasonably priced Boxster or TTRS/RS3 calipers hanging around for a good price please DM me.

Other than than Im a bit of an OEM head so will be looking at putting an RNS510 in at some point, along with upgrading the clocks, fitting a Bluetooth module and finally fitting the Mk6 heater control panel Ive had in the boot since I bought the car!

Anyway, enough chat, here's a pic of the car when I bought it. Will be sure to update once its had some changes -

Also, after much investigation with a very helpful and patient @SI-R32 I now have folding mirrors from the remote using the STANDARD Golf door module. OK, the car came with electric folding mirrors as standard but my door module has now been coded without having to replace for one from another model. I cant thank him enough for the time he spent in getting this working and didnt once ask for a penny! Top bloke  :drinking: Video below showing the result (although this was with Mk6 Max module at the time, the result is obviously the same!) -

Thanks for looking, Ill be sure to be back soon  :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:51:12 pm by RobC »

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: Rob C's Edition 30 #1312
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 05:13:50 pm »
Lovely spec motor  :smiley:

Rare find.
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline samiul11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 05:38:06 pm »
Looks lovely!

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 09:07:43 pm »
Rare find with such low miles, can't be many around anymore.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391